Hot Member www.desirulez.net

Default Usha Uthup to star in Prabhuraj's horror film 'Lupta'

Follow us on Social Media

Usha Uthup to star in Prabhuraj
    Veteran singer Usha Uthup shot to fame with the song 'Dum maro dum'. The track went ahead to become a chartbuster and following that she has delivered many hits in the industry and has made a place in the heart of her fans. Her husky booming voice resounds with zeal and energy and people get a liking for her instantly. There is a buzz that she is turning towards acting now.

Singer Usha Uthup has flirted with acting in a few films (Bombay To Goa, Hat Trick and a Malayalam film Pothen Vave). Usha Uthup, was last seen in a small role in Vishal Bhardwaj’s murder mystery 7 Khoon Maaf (2011). Now the singer is all set to do a full-fledged role in debutant director Prabhuraj’s horror film, Lupta. The role came by when the singer, who has sung the title track of the film, showed interest to act in the film too.

“I was very excited to do the song; it turned out so nice. So, I thought to myself, what if I could the film as well,” says Usha.

However, the 65-year-old clarifies that she doesn’t see acting as an alternate career option. “It only excites me to do a movie if a challenging and emotional role comes my way,” says Usha, adding, “If the script is good, I am ready to be part of the film, but I don’t consider acting as an alternate career. It’s just an extension of my music.”

Confirming the news, Prabhuraj says, “I pitched her the story and she was very excited and eager to be part of the film. Currently, I am reworking the dialogue and her character sketch. I’m not compromising on the subject, but creatively working around to fit her in the film.”

edit :- http://www.desirulez.net/showthread.php?t=554743