Results 1 to 1 of 1
02-12-2012, 12:39 AM #1
2012 Harley-Davidson Seventy-Two and Softail Slim Preview
In early February, Harley-Davidson unveiled two new “mid-year” models, the 2012 XL1200V Seventy-Two and FLS Softail Slim, at Southern California biker hotspot Cook’s Corner. The Seventy-Two is part of Harley’s popular Dark Custom line, which also includes the Iron 883, Nightster, Forty-Eight, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Blackline.
Harley-Davidson has just released two new 2012 models that look in the Motor Company’s mirrors for inspiration, the XL1200V Seventy-Two and the FLS Softail Slim. The Seventy-Two represents the disco era when skinny choppers with fat metal flake paint jobs were vogue, while the Softail Slim evokes a period when bobbed FLs were the hippest things on two wheels.
• Engine: Air-cooled, Twin Cam 103B
• Valves: Pushrod-operated, overhead valves with hydraulic, self-adjusting lifters; two valves per cylinder
• Bore x Stroke: 3.875 in. x 4.38 in. (98.4 mm x 111.1 mm)
• Displacement: 103 cu. in. (1690 cc)
• Compression Ratio: 9.6:1
• Fuel System: Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
• Lubrication System: Pressurized, dry-sump
• Transmission: Six-Speed Cruise Drive
...being a human...