Hot Member

Default Game Coding Complete, 3rd Edition

Follow us on Social Media

Game Coding Complete, 3rd Edition

Mike McShaffry, "Game Coding Complete, 3rd Edition"
    Ch....s Ri..r Me..a | 2009-03-05 | ISBN: 1584506806, 1584506962 | 908 pages | EPUB | 4,3 MB

Welcome to "Game Coding Complete, Third Edition," the newest edition of the essential, hands-on guide to developing commercial-quality games. Written by a veteran game programmer, the book examines the entire game development process and all the unique challenges associated with creating a game. An excellent introduction to game architecture, you'll explore all the major subsystems of modern game engines and learn professional techniques used in actual games. This third edition features expanded content and coverage of the latest and most exciting new game programming techniques including AI, multiprogramming, working with scripting languages such as Lua, and writing C# tools like your level editor. All the code and examples presented have been tested and used in commercial video games, and the book is full of invaluable best practices, professional tips and tricks, and cautionary advice.

If you ever wanted to know how to write a game, this is the book for you. -- Paul F. Johnson,

Last week I bought Game Coding Complete and I highly recommend it. --

Mike has put a lot of effort in making this a Game Coding Complete experience. -- Triple Buffer Software

The best parts of this book were those covering topics that typically get overlooked in other game programming books. -- David Astle,

This book is awesome - Mike gives tips and warnings in the form of Best Practices, Gotchas and war stories. -- GDSE (Game Development Search Engine)