Hot Member

Default The BetterPhoto Guide to Photographing Children

Follow us on Social Media

The BetterPhoto Guide to Photographing Children

Jim Miotke - The BetterPhoto Guide to Photographing Children
    Amphoto Books | English | 2008 | ISBN: 0817424482 | 224 pages | EPUB/MOBI | 27.4 MB / 28.1 MB

Part of the popular BetterPhoto series, this book shows photographers how to get great shots of children of all ages, under any conditions, and with any subject. Learn how to use light, composition, and exposure to help improve photographs, how to capture a moving target and how to develop rapport with even the shyest or most rambunctious child.

When it comes to photography, people (especially children) are my weak spot. I have struggled and struggled to create shots that are worth showing to the public. When I found that Jim Moitke had released a book on photographing children, i immediately had to own it. The book was just what I needed. Throughout the book, Jim gives great tips on how to capture children's images in a thoughtful, well-organized way. There are simple things like reminding the photographer that patience is a must (which is a good reminder for me), to actual technical guidance for the right lighting and posing. I especially like that all the photos have their "specs" so one can study what each photographer (not just Jim) did to create their masterpiece. Along the same lines, he also uses pictures from top photographers at [...] I thought this was a bonus, for it let you see a variety of captures, finding ones that fit your style. If you're a beginner, amateur or someone who just generally struggles capturing children at their finest (and I have 2 of them), then I strongly suggest that you purchase this book. - customer review