Runner Up - Admins Awards

Default Dimple is back in my family : Rajesh Khanna

Follow us on Social Media

Rajesh Khanna is hale and hearty. The yesteryear superstar has just returned from a good holiday, and with Dimple and family around, seems to be recovering from a recent bout of illness rather well.

Says the actor in his typical way, “I am no God. I am a human being made of flesh and blood, so obviously sickness at my age is a given thing. Frankly speaking, I have had a pretty hectic life all these years, but those were also the times of my life that I enjoyed the best. I lived like a king.”

True, he lived life king-size, courting what’s best around him, acting in over 100 films and launching new trends for the young and the yuppie crowds.

Now, things have calmed down, though. The actor says he has turned a teetotaller at the behest of his doctor. He says, “This is the first time ever that I have left alcohol.” And one person made this possible is Dimple Kapadia, actress and his better half, off and on, separation, reunion et al.

“Yes, Dimple is back in my family. This is the best phase of my family life, I can say. I would not like to discuss more about my family and me. My grandson is also very close to me. His antics give me immense joy.”

“I have to confess that I have never been so happy like I am today, at this moment,” he says. But talk about his retirement from the world of glitz and glamour and the Anand’s poet insists, “Rajesh Khanna has always been an actor and shall be one until his last breath.”
    ...being a human...