Retired Staff

Default S Narayan's film for youngsters

Follow us on Social Media

Kannada film industry's multifaceted personality S Narayan describes his new venture Chellidharoo Sampigeyaa as a "clean family entertainer with lots of fun, frolic and a little bit of feelings."
    His responsibilities do not start and end with directing the film; he has written the story, composed music and also directed and produced it.

Chellidharoo Sampigeyaa has four youngsters in the lead with a galaxy of veteran artists supporting the young brigade.

Prashanth of Orata fame plays an important role along with Vishwas of Jolly Days. Biyanka Desai of Gulama and Rocky and Spoorthi of Jolly Days are the heroines.

Jagadish Wali is the cinematographer while the Narayan - regular Soundararajan is the editor.

Sources in the film industry say that Narayan's film is heavily inspired by Krishnavamshi's Telugu film Chandamama, a film produced by Kalyan who happens to be a good friend of Narayan.
    "This is a family oriented film with the focus on four youngsters. This film also deals with the beautiful relationship between a doting father and his lovely daughter. The way the father and his daughter are sentimentally attached will certainly touch the chords of the audience. In fact this is the highlight of the film," says Narayan.

Anant Nag plays the father while Biyanka is the daughter.

About the songs, the director said, "After a long time, I have included a song that highlights the cultural, visual and spiritual strength of Karnataka. And since youngsters are the focus of the film, I have included some trendy compositions too. As in the case of my earlier films, melody will be the main focus in all the songs."

Mumbai based Biyanka said, "This is my best role so far. I have acted in glamorous roles in films like Rocky and Gulama. But I think it will be Chellidharoo Sampigeya which will show my ability as an actress. I am happy to get such a good role, that too in a film directed by an experienced director like S Narayan sir."

Kal Ho Na Ho
    India & Cambodia