Results 1 to 2 of 2
04-19-2009, 01:03 PM #1
Sonam Kapoor: Thank God it's Sunday
• My three dogs... lick me out of my sleep on Sunday
• Peanut butter toast... and a cup of coffee, and the newspaper, are a must first thing in the morning.
• We’re big foodies... so we generally order our Sunday brunch on Saturday night itself. The kind of food ordered depends on my mood. Sometimes I want Sindhi kadhi and bhindi (a typical Sindhi fare), some other time, I crave for junglee mutton or tandoori chicken or kaali dal.
• Curling up with a book... followed by a short nap is a necessity after brunch. I am presently reading The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde. A friend of mine has presented me an Oscar Wilde collection, so I’m absorbed in it right now.
• I can read... more than one book at a time. Right now, I am also reading Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier. Among Indian contemporary writers, I like Rohinton Mistry, Amitav Ghosh. But I also feel that only classics deserve a second read.
• My best Sundays... were those spent in my childhood. I used to go horse-riding in the mornings, at Goregaon, with my sister Rhea. From there we’d head to either Holiday Inn or Centaur Hotel for lunch with my parents. It used to be so hot that we’d jump into the pool the instant we reached the hotel.
• Music is a mood thing... so sometimes I even feel like listening to Hindi oldies by S D Burman, R D Burman, and the rest. At other times, I could swing to Kanye West, Amy Winehouse and a lot of blues.
• Chatting with the family... over tea, coffee, poha or upma makes for a fun evening. We don’t watch much TV but we try to catch the 6 pm news and discuss what’s happening. Each of us has a completely different opinion on everything, so it’s fun. Then we discuss what’s happening at work, and also indulge in the regular family gossip.
• I like evening walks...
on the beach with my mom or my best friends from school, Shehla or Aarti (if they’re up to it), or just alone with my iPhone. But no weight-training or work-outs on Sundays for me, as it’s a day of rest or ‘God’s Day’ as I call it.
• It’s a treat... to watch a movie in a cinema hall on Sundays. I believe in the magic of cinema and cherish watching a movie on the big screen.
• A light dinner... could include salad, soup, chicken or fish. I’m not one of those lucky girls who eat what they want and still don’t gain weight. I am unfortunately very human and have to exercise to stay slim.
• A gaming session... is an ideal way to end my Sunday. I am addicted to my PS3 and my Xbox. My brother, Harshvardhan, has taken away my PS3, so now I’m stuck with word games and crossword puzzles on my laptop. But I love playing virtual chess on my laptop till late in the night before I retire for the day.
04-20-2009, 12:27 PM #2
Gr8 !!! Thanks !!!<img src=http://www.orkut-scrap.net/img/Animated-Dolls/1.gif >