Results 1 to 1 of 1
01-02-2012, 10:16 PM #1
Fakes Soupa (Greek Lentil Soup) RecipeIngredients:
Green Lentils - 1/4 cup
Tomatoes - 2
Garlic - 2 to 3 cloves
Onion - 1
Carrot - 1
Olive Oil - 1 1/2 tsp
Tomato Paste - 1 tblsp
Dried Oregano - 1/2 tsp
Bay Leaf - 1
Salt as per taste
Pepper as required
1. Rinse the lentils well in cold water.
2. Put the lentils in a saucepan.
3. Cover with plenty of water and bring to boil.
4. Boil for 3 minutes and then strain.
5. In a pan, heat the olive oil and add the onions and garlic and saute.
6. Add the tomatoes, lentils and the rest of the ingredients.
7. Cover and let simmer for about 40 minutes.
8. Check to see if the lentils are soft.
9. Add more water if you prefer a more watery soup.
10. Serve bread along with the soup.