Kal Ho Na Ho
    India & Cambodia

Default Jiah loses one, gets two instead

Follow us on Social Media

When you’re all of 21; young and attractive then the world seems like your oyster.

Jiah Khan who had a minuscule part in 2008’s biggest hit Ghajini was all set to rock with Ken Ghosh’s Yahoo opposite Shahid Kapoor.

According to the buzz, she shot for nine days, but was unceremoniously ‘dropped’ because the producers, director Ken Ghosh and Shahid Kapoor decided they had to enhance the film creatively. They signed Genelia D’Souza instead.

A disappointed Jiah says, “It was a mutual decision between the production house and me to part ways. Now, I have a two-film deal with them. In four months time, the first film will go on the floors.’’ Confirming her story, Ram Mirchandani from the production house
    says, “Speculations in the industry about Jiah being dropped out of Ken’s project are completely wrong. It was a mutual decision, whereby Jiah opted out of the project. Jiah is a wonderful actor with amazing talent. We have signed her for our next projects and are really looking forward to working with her.”

Jiah is also aghast that there she was linked to Ken. “I overlook these things because honestly when things aren’t true it is pointless getting into a flap about it.’’ The year 2009 still holds some magic for the youngster with a slightly bruised ego at this point. The hottie will be seen in a comic caper opposite Akshay Kumar. “Akshay is superb with comedy; and I’m looking forward to start shooting for Houseful,’’ she says. The film will be directed by Sajid Khan and also stars Deepika Padukone and Lara Dutta. So there you go, Jiah still has something to ‘yahoo’ about!