Kal Ho Na Ho www.desirulez.net

Default Bold & the beautiful: Divya

Follow us on Social Media

Actor Divya Dutta has changed. The pretty demure lady will now be seen doing more and more bold scenes on the silver screen.

After mouthing gaalis as Jalebi in Delhi 6, Divya will now be seen seducing and making love to actor Irrfan Khan in an international project Hisss besides doing a lesbian scene with actress Kitu Gidwani in Monica. She spoke to us about how she ‘metamorphosed’ into a bold ‘n’ beautiful actress.

Even I am surprised that such roles are coming my way. I always had an image of the girl-next-door. Nevertheless, it’s interesting and exciting for me. I no longer feel inhibited or shy. Rather I’m confident about doing any kind of role. I’m enjoying this phase thoroughly,” she says excitedly.

Though Divya has received a lot of appreciation for her role of Jalebi, she says that it wasn’t exactly a cakewalk. “I hadn’t even ever heard the kind of language and abuses I had to mouth for this role. So it were the spot boys and other guys on the sets who taught me all the gaalis that I’ve used in the film. Then I also had to work on the dialect. It was challenging but it was fun as well.”

And what about her love making scenes with Irrfan Khan and Kitu? “Oh, Irrfan is so sweet. More than me, it was Irrfan who was uncomfortable doing the scenes. He was so shy that I had to put him at ease. In case of Kitu, it was a different ball game. I didn’t know her prior to this movie. But once we got down to doing the intimate scene, it was okay. We just tried to be comfortable with each other.”

So did she need to prepare for the role? “Why would I need any preparation for a role? I am an actor and my strength lies in adapting to any character.”

Divya, who has also done a number of TV serials, says, “I’m not looking forward to working on TV. Actually television was never a priority. I’ll do TV only if I get an interesting offer. Otherwise I am too busy with my dozen odd film commitments.”

We then ask her about the films she’s doing. “Besides Hisss and Monica, which are ready for release, I’m doing Chehre, which is a period film. Then I am also doing Haat: The Weekly Bazaar – a film by NFDC. I’m very excited about this film.” She tells why: “For the first time I have performed an item number in it and that too in front of a live audience. I felt a bit awkward initially but then I thought ‘What the heck... let me just enjoy because I’m not going to do it again’.

But what’s about this live audience bit, we quickly ask her as she hurries to leave. “That was the most exciting part. The whole town was woken up in the middle of the night and asked to come and watch the shooting and be part of it. So there was a huge crowd and they actually whistled and threw aath aanas at me while I performed. It was such fun,” she laughs.