Results 1 to 3 of 3
Thread: The Big Patch-Up...
04-09-2009, 01:42 PM #1
The Big Patch-Up...
First they fight, then they patch-up. We are talking about the biggest superstars of the Hindi film industry- Aamir Khan and Shah Rukh Khan. In an interview to Mumbai Mirror on March 12, Aamir had openly spoken against Shah Rukh’s self-professed No 1 star status, and how he has lost his sense of humour since his films aren’t doing well. All that is now in the past. On Sunday night, Aamir and Shah Rukh met at Karan Johar’s Khar residence to settle their differences and work together to fight the current problems the industry is in due to the multiplex issue.
Aamir’s spokesperson confirmed the meeting but was unable to give details.
Karan Johar confirmed and said, “Yes, we met but it was an official meeting regarding the situation the industry is in. I would not like to discuss anything further till I can.”
However, a source said, “Aamir and Shah Rukh have been at war from some time now. The war became public once Aamir became the most powerful man in the film industry according to a (Filmfare) poll. That’s when Aamir took the opportunity to give Shah Rukh a taste of his own medicine. Aamir openly made his displeasure clear about all the digs SRK has made against him publicly over the past few months.”
Commenting on what made them bury the hatchet on Sunday night, the source said, “Now that the industry is in trouble with no film releasing in multiplexes, producers wanted both SRK and Aamir to work together to sort out the strike issue. While both the actors sent a letter of consent to show their support, they did not attend the meeting. However, as an afterthought, Aamir decided to take matters in his hands.
They finally met at Karan Johar’s house. Karan, who has been a silent spectator ever since the star fight started, is extremely close to SRK as well as Aamir. He was the only one present at the meeting where both the superstars came to a conclusion to put their differences aside and work together for the sake of the industry. Karan was also of the opinion that both the stars should make an appeal together. Both the stars will now be seen working together for a common cause.”
According to the source, both the actors thought that there is no point in having personal differences as they have to first think about the industry.
The source said, “The fact that a calm and dignified person like Karan was present during the meeting only helped things. SRK and Aamir jointly decided that together they can do a lot for the industry. After the six-hour long meeting concluded, SRK and Aamir decided to have a press conference where they will be on the same platform to resolve the multiplex issue. The press conference will be held today at 4.00 pm at a suburban hotel wherein a settlement will be worked out between multiplexes, producers and distributors. That the biggest superstars of the film industry will put up a united front will only help matters. SRK and Aamir standing together will send across a very strong message to the entire industry.”
The SRK-Aamir verbal duel over the years
• Aamir Khan said: Shah Rukh knows nothing about marketing. He only does PR and gives lot and lots of interviews. Shah Rukh Khan replied: Why is there an assumption that I would listen to what Aamir thinks about me? But obviously, it's not the universal truth. With due respect to his wonderful mind, I don't accept it. I do what's right for my film.
• Aamir said: Shah Rukh thinks giving interviews is marketing but marketing is much more than just PR. SRK said: As much as Aamir knows the difference between marketing and PR, I don't know the difference. I am still an old-fashioned guy who thinks PR is a dirty word, and maybe so does Aamir, that's why he said it. But the fact that I speak to people I have known over the years is because of a personal relationship rather than a professional need, which makes people like me a little more.
• SRK said: Mein shehar mein toh tha nahin, toh jab sher jungle se baahar jaata hain to bahut log bahut kuch bolte aur karte hain. Sometimes I feel thoda zyada bol diya usne (Aamir), but I don't hold it against him. Aamir said: Over the years I have noticed that SRK has been talking about me repeatedly, be it in his interviews or at award functions or any where else. He has been saying things about me and I decided that I should not be quiet now.
• Aamir said: Shah Rukh (his pet dog) is dirty today, I think he needs a bath. He is licking my feet. SRK said: I told him when he spoke about the dog reference that my children didn't like it.
• SRK said: Aamir came home and said a sort of a sorry to my kids. He very sweetly told them, "I love your dad, he's my friend and I didn't realise it..." But he didn't convince my kids. They really liked him, now they don't. When I meet him I'll tell him those are two fans he has lost for sure. Aamir said: No matter what SRK tells his children, I will tell my kids to love and respect him always. What he teaches his children is entirely up to him.
• SRK said: I was joking when I said that I am number 1. Aamir said: I remember him saying in one of his interviews that he was joking about calling himself No 1 and I did not get the joke and he was saying that in humility. Somewhere I find it very funny as in my entire lifetime I have never seen anyone saying I am No 1.
• Aamir said: I can understand that he is bitter as his films have not done well. I don't know but I only have warmth and regards for him and I wish him all the very best. I can understand that SRK works very hard on his films and gives lot of interviews for his films and I think that is a wonderful quality in him. I think he is upset as his films have not done as well as he expected them to be but I wish him all the success that he deserves.
04-09-2009, 01:58 PM #2
- Join Date
- Dec 2008
thanks for sharing
04-09-2009, 02:41 PM #3
Both of them professional n good 4 film industry
Thank you very much.