Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 50
  1. #1
    Retired Staff www.desirulez.net
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    1,384

    T

    Default Wrestling Discussion & Spoiler Rules | Last updated: November 22nd 2012

    Follow us on Social Media







    * Posting a Spoiler before an event has aired is absolutely not allowed .

    * Ratings or review threads for all wrestling shows should have "Spoiler" written on the thread title.

    * If you want to start a thread about someone winning after an event has aired, add spoiler tags on the title.

    * Spoilers in the title are not allowed. ie. You are not allowed to write the result in the thread title.

    (Example - If Cm Punk won a match you can't write - Yes CM Punk won at Survivor Series ) (But you write - Yes he won {Possible spoilers inside})

    If you don't follow any of the rules,

    1st Violation: You will recieve a infraction.
    2nd Violation: 1 week ban.
    3rd Violation: Permanent ban.

    Please follow the rules don't spoil it for anyone .

    Advice to readers: Avoid threads that have spoiler tags or are event prediction threads in order to enjoy the show to the fullest.

    Thank you
    -DesiRulez Forum Staff

  2. #2
    Retired Staff www.desirulez.net
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    1,384

    T

    Default MUST READ THIS PRIOR TO CREATING NEW THREADS AND POSTING!! (Absolutely no spoilers allowed)

    Discussion of important wrestling topics is the nucleus of our forums. Naturally, we encourage everyone to participate in the forums as much as possible to drive discussion, debate with others, and produce new topics. We have provided many different sections to our forums that allow everyone to participate in many aspects of discussion, focusing mostly on professional wrestling.

    We all know how exciting it is to create new threads and see the replies and reactions from other posters about the subjects and issues that we choose. The creation of new topics is strongly encouraged by our staff, and we all look forward to the new topics that we can debate about on a daily basis. But many posters donít seem to understand the amount of work it takes for the mods and admins to keep DesiRulez Forums one of (if not THE) most organized and clean forums on the internet.

    As the DesiRulez Forum staff, part of our job is to consolidate your new threads and ensure they have been placed in the proper sections (if you failed to do so.) Therefore, we ask that you follow this Thread Creating Etiquette in order to make our jobs easier:

    I. READ THE FORUM RULES!!!

    There really isn't a better way to say this. This guideline should be followed first and foremost when thinking about doing ANYTHING on this forum. Our rulebook contains every which way possible for posters to avoid any type of warnings or infractions, to post properly in every section of the forums, and gives you direction and guidance on everything that is in regards to our forums. There is no reason the rulebook shouldn't be the first thing you all read before even thinking about posting a new thread in any of the sections.

    II. Check ALL forums and subforums for possible duplicate topics BEFORE posting your new thread.

    If anything at all, this is the most important form of etiquette, since it will cause you to be warned/infracted if it is not followed.

    A good rule of thumb is to check the first four pages of threads within the forum. If you see a subject that is even remotely similar to the one youíre about to post, please reconsider posting your new thread or consult a member of the staff and find out if it is a Duplicate Topic. Since itís one of the easiest rules to follow on the forum, we'd hate having to infract you for this rule but weíll still do it every time.


    III. Put some EFFORT into new threads.

    There is nothing that annoys staff more than when posters create threads that they put little to zero effort into. If you don't want to put any effort towards your thread, why should anyone else?

    For example, threads that (basically) mimic front-page stories on Desirulez.net are lazy ways of making threads. Especially when said poster cuts and pastes the story into the thread and writes "Discuss." It might be a good idea to take about 2 extra minutes and try to think of your own, ORIGINAL thread topic.

    Knowing all of this, we'd appreciate if your opening post is ORIGINAL, includes YOUR opinions on the topic, and DOESN'T look like this:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lazy Poster
    Mark Henry wins the World Heavyweight Championship
    Mark Henry just defeated Randy Orton and won the World Heavyweight Championship at Night of Champions!!!!

    Discuss here.

    The purpose of topics are to create discussion within the rules of the forum. As staff, we frown upon posters who violate our spamming rules in the opening post of a new thread. If your opening post is a spam post, you can expect more spam to be posted in the thread and this causes more work for the staff. Please keep that in mind.

    IV. Please use proper grammar, punctuation, and capitalization in thread titles.

    Weíre not judging you if youíre not the best speller in the world. If youíre posting within the thread, we donít expect you to write a 5-star novel with perfect wording, punctuation, and grammar. But, at the very least, please keep the thread title as neat as you possibly can. It takes a lot of time for us to constantly correct your grammar.


    V. If you are unsure and you believe that your new thread could possibly break any of these guidelines, CONSULT A MOD/ADMIN FIRST PRIOR TO POSTING.

    This is self-explanatory. Itís easier to ask for permission than forgiveness on our forums. It only takes about a minute to PM a member of the staff to ask them if youíre following the proper guidelines when creating a new thread. If youíre on the fence as to whether your new thread may borderline break these guidelines, consult a member of the staff, first.


    VI. Only english is allowed in this section


    Wrestling is viewed all over the world so it's very important that you post in english in this section cause others might not understand what you are saying if you use a different language. If you post in other language then it might be deleted or edited in english by other mods.



    Thank you for taking the time to read and follow these guidelines. By doing so, youíre solidifying this forumís reputation as the best on the internet.

    HAPPY POSTING, AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO REPLYING TO YOUR NEW THREADS!
    Last edited by Insideout Shoots; 09-29-2012 at 02:13 PM.

  3. #3
    dR Wrestlers www.desirulez.net
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The Boondocks, Virgina, USA
    Posts
    877

    T

    Default

    May be you should remove the spoiler part form the description if it's against the rules because having it there make it look like its ok to post them here

    Wrestling Discussion
    Wrestling Discussions, Pictures, Posters, Spoilers, Breaking News, Contests and Debates, all of this and much more in here!
    John Cena: You Can't keep a good man down.

  4. #4
    Retired Staff www.desirulez.net
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    1,384

    T

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cenas#1fangirl View Post
    May be you should remove the spoiler part form the description if it's against the rules because having it there make it look like its ok to post them here
    Thanks girl

  5. #5
    dR Wrestlers www.desirulez.net
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    292

    T

    Default

    Small question AJ, at what point in the timeline of an event do we assume it's not a spoiler anymore? Say CM Punk's shoot back in July, would the airing of the next RAW be kind of the cut-off point where it becomes assumed that people know what happened and can post about it freely?

  6. #6
    Retired Staff www.desirulez.net
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    1,384

    T

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Skorsis View Post
    Small question AJ, at what point in the timeline of an event do we assume it's not a spoiler anymore? Say CM Punk's shoot back in July, would the airing of the next RAW be kind of the cut-off point where it becomes assumed that people know what happened and can post about it freely?
    Yupp because they continued to shoot but that show was telecast next week. So you see I don't want the excitement to fade off.

  7. #7
    dR Wrestlers www.desirulez.net
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    292

    T

    Default

    So, rule of thumb is before say next weeks SmackDown (16th Dec), this weeks Smackdown (9th Dec) events are still classed as spoilers if posted, yar?

  8. #8
    Retired Staff www.desirulez.net
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    1,384

    T

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Skorsis View Post
    So, rule of thumb is before say next weeks SmackDown (16th Dec), this weeks Smackdown (9th Dec) events are still classed as spoilers if posted, yar?
    See 16dec SD is recorded on 13 Dec so the results are there on the wrestling news site so if you post them here on DR so dat would be a spoiler because the show hasn't been aired yet. I hope you get my point.

  9. #9
    Retired Staff www.desirulez.net
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Posts
    3,615

    T

    Default


  10. #10
    dR Wrestlers www.desirulez.net
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    292

    T

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ajstyless View Post
    See 16dec SD is recorded on 13 Dec so the results are there on the wrestling news site so if you post them here on DR so dat would be a spoiler because the show hasn't been aired yet. I hope you get my point.
    Aye I'm with ye. I just wanted to make sure I was on with my timelines incase I wanna post anythin. Cheers.

  11. #11
    dR Force!!! www.desirulez.net
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    La la la Island
    Posts
    8,728

    T

    Default

    I only have account on desirulez but I do have google searched and bookmarked more wrestling forums in case of any emergency you can say when the site is getting updated or the site crashes or other technical faults.

    My point is I can't wait to watch the show or read the spoilers even when they are out. And my other point is that most people like me don't have patience so I think SD spoilers should be allowed because on some other forums SD spoilers are in Sticky.



    It's Clobberin Time

  12. #12
    Retired Staff www.desirulez.net
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    1,384

    T

    Default

    Your point would have been valid if this was a wrestling news site but its a forum as well as its a discussion section so you get my point.

  13. #13
    dR Force!!! www.desirulez.net
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    La la la Island
    Posts
    8,728

    T

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ajstyless View Post
    Your point would have been valid if this was a wrestling news site but its a forum as well as its a discussion section so you get my point.

    I was just giving my opinion. It dosen't matter if it's valid or not. I will just google search for SD spoilers. However if you want to give people what they want then you should just start a poll and ask if we want the spoilers or not. Reading the spoilers before watching the show doesn't effects me.
    Last edited by Insideout Shoots; 08-08-2012 at 03:27 PM.



    It's Clobberin Time

  14. #14
    Retired Staff www.desirulez.net
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    1,384

    T

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by insideout View Post
    I was just giving my points. It dosen't matter if it's valid or not. I will just google search for SD spoilers. However if you want to give people what they want then you should just start a poll and ask if we want the spoilers or not. Reading the spoilers before watching the show doesn't effects me.
    Sorry mate there wont be any polls for putting up spoilers. Its a rule live with that. If you want to know results beforehand then there are various wrestling news site. You can get it from there.

  15. #15
    Retired Staff www.desirulez.net
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Posts
    3,615

    T

    Default


  16. #16
    dR Warrior www.desirulez.net
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Disneyland
    Posts
    1,210

    T

    Default



  17. #17
    Banned www.desirulez.net
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    5,182

    T

    Default


  18. #18
    dR Rockers www.desirulez.net
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    INDIA
    Posts
    90

    T

    Default

    thanks

  19. #19
    dR Rockers www.desirulez.net
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    INDIA
    Posts
    90

    T

    Default

    i have only 1 wrestling account forums in desirulz.......
    i think this is the best site for discussion........
    thank u........

  20. #20
    Wrestler of the Month July www.desirulez.net
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jeddah
    Posts
    7,945

    T

    Default



    AchievmentsdR Wrestler Of The Month March 2013 I dR Wrestler Of The Month July 2013 I dR Star Of The Month May 2013 I 2x GFX League Champion

    We want punk..........We want punk..........We want punk..........

 

 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •