Runner Up - Admins Awards

Default I want to change 'Sex and SRK sell': Neha Dhupia

Follow us on Social Media

After doing films like Julie and Sheesha, Neha Dhupia changed track and delivered power-packed performances in Raat Gayi Baat Gayi, Mithya and Dear Friend Hitler. Now, the actress is busy promoting her upcoming film ‘Pappu Can’t Dance Saala’. She visited the Dailybhaskar Office and in a candid heart-to-heart chat confessed that her once said statement still bites her in the back.

A few years ago, when Dhupia made her entry into Bollywood, she passed a statement that made national headlines of sorts. “Only sex and Shah Rukh Khan sell,” said the actress at the time of Julie’s release. But now, she’s keen to work in films that have a strong story to tell.

“Yes, I said that and it still bites me at the back. This film has no sex and no Shah Rukh. But, it has a good script. And with this film I hope I can prove myself wrong,” said the actress.

Apart from Dhupia, Pappu Can’t Dance Saala stars Rajat Kapoor and Vinay Pathak. Directed by Saurabh Shukla, the film is about two people from extremely different backdrops, who come together for the sake of love. The film will hit the theatres on 16th December, 2011.
    ...being a human...

Retired Staff

Thanks for the news..