Kal Ho Na Ho
    India & Cambodia

Default Paint me a story

Follow us on Social Media

Owais Hussain to produce a film on his father MF Hussainís life

By Subhash K Jha
    Posted On Friday, April 03, 2009 at 02:43:39 AM

Hrithik Roshan
    Owais Hussain has planned to produce a film on his father MF Hussain and has zeroed in on Hrithik Roshan to play the lead role. After two years of planning, the project is finally ready to take off.

Owais said, ďIt is a full-on musical but isnít in the conventional biographical format. The film will shed light on some of the lesser known aspects of my fatherís life and bring out the more humane aspect of his personality.Ē

While other intricate details are being worked out, AR Rahman is expected to compose the filmís songs and the background score and Santosh Sivan will cinematograph it.

While Owais is reluctant to reveal the name of the actor who will play the lead role, itís very reliably learnt that it will be Hrithik Roshan. Explaining his decision Owais said, ďHrithik has the right gravity and intensity. He also has the voice and the bearing for the part.Ē

MF Hussain

Discussing other dramatic interpretations of the painterís life Owais says, ďNadira Babbarís play on my fatherís life (Husain Ki Kahani Apni Zubani) is more in the style of street theatre based on dadís biography. Thatís why I want to cast a popular star-actor. I want the maximum number of people to see the film.Ē

Owais had planned to begin the film after his fatherís return from Dubai but he has now decided to produce it anyway, ďIíll go head with the film without him being physically present. My film is about him. But it doesnít require his active contribution. I know all thereís to know about his life.Ē

thanks for sharing