Runner Up - Admins Awards

Default While Rajini's Star Rana is in Limbo, Deepika Proceeds With Newer Films

Follow us on Social Media

Even as speculations don't seem to be subside, what withrumour catching on heat that Rajinikanth starrer Rana has been shelved, thefilm's other cast member stay on to be clueless about the film's fate. DeepikaPadukone, one of the leading ladies of the film, is going through the samepredicament as she has started shooting for many of her upcoming films. HoweverRana doesn't figure anywhere in her agenda.

"Ever since Rajinikanth's health scare early this yearresulted in the shooting of Rana being aborted, there has been constantspeculation on the film's fate. While earlier there were talks of the filmbeing resumed in August, none of it really happened. Post that every passingmonth comes with the hope of Rana coming back on floors but the fact is thatthe film is pretty much on a backburner", informs a source.

From Bollywood, the film sees Deepika Padukone and Sonu Soodas the two imports for this mega film that requires Rajinikanth to be in agreat shape physically. However, since the superstar is still recovering, manyaround him have suggested that he begin work on some other film which isn't asintense as Rana.

"Yes, of late there have been talks of Rajini Sir doinganother film. Since makers haven't asked for Deepika's dates either, it is moreor less certain that even if Rana hasn't been shelved, it won't resumesoon", the source confirms.

Resultantly, Deepika has already moved on to other projects.While she went all out for the promotional shoot of Desi Boyz by lending thefilm the required dates, she is also gearing up to begin work on Yeh JawaaniHai Deewani with Ranbir Kapoor. The young woman, who has earlier shot for asong from the film, further confirms that Rana doesn't feature in her radar fornear future at the least.

"Honestly, even I haven't heard from the makers of Ranaabout the future plans", admits Deepika, "Last I heard was aboutRajini Sir recovering and resting but that's about it. Even I am waiting toknow about the future plans for the film. Having said that, there are no datesof mine that have been blocked for future. Let's see how it goes fromhere."

Well, here is hoping that Deepika hasn't just lost anopportunity of a lifetime to feature with someone as big a superstar as Rajni!
    ...being a human...