Runner Up - Admins Awards

Default Noted musician Ustad Sultan Khan passes away

Follow us on Social Media

Renowned singer and sarangi player Ustad Sultan Khan has left for heavenly abode, today. The news came as a shock to the music fraternity.

Singer-composer Salim Merchant posted on Twitter, “I lost my ustad - ustad sultan khan, my guru my friend my idol. He passed away this afternoon. We will never have a sarangi maestro like him.”

Actor Rahul Bose had a special connection with the maestro. “V v saddened to hear abt ustad sultan khan saab's demise. He played on the soundtrack of my directorial feature, 'Everybody Says I'm Fine!' Ustad sultan khan saab had a huge heart & an impish sense of humour. He sang well too! Listen to him on the soundtrack of 'Mr and Mrs Iyer',” tweeted the actor.

His body is in Malad, Mumbai and will be taken to Jodhpur for the last rituals tomorrow.

A recipient of the Padma Bhushan, Ustad Sultan Khan gave his first performance at the age of 11 at the All-India Conference. He performed internationally with Ravi Shankar on George Harrison's 1974 Dark Horse World Tour. For the young and amateur, he will be best remembered as the voice behind the soulful ‘Piya Basanti Re’.
    ...being a human...

New Arrivals

sad news