Results 1 to 2 of 2
11-25-2011, 06:55 PM #1
1 head cabbage, shredded or chopped
2 large onions, chopped
16-28 ounces canned tomatoes, chopped
2 green peppers
4 stalks celery
1-2 packages Lipton onion soup mix, or any dry onion soup mix (optional)
any fresh herb(s) of your choice, chopped
6 carrots, sliced
1/2 pound green beans, sliced on diagonal
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar (optional)
Put all vegetables in a big pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil, stir in the soup mix (if desired), and boil gently for 10 minutes. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer until all the vegetables are soft. Stir in the black pepper and chopped herbs (saving some for garnish).
Eat as much of the soup as you like, as often as you like. Drink as much water as you like and non-caloric drinks including coffee, tea, and herbal teas.
4 cups of chicken stock (with no added chemical preservatives, disguised as "spices" or "natural flavors")
2 1/2 cups of plain cooked chicken, shredded
1 medium yellow onion, diced
2 medium carrots, diced
2 stalks celery, diced
2 tbsp diced fennel (only use the bulb, not the leaves)
2 bay leaves (to add flavor, not to eat)
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1) Add the oil to the bottom of a medium to large stovetop cooking pot and warm to medium heat.
2) Gently sautee onions, carrot, celery and fennel until soft.
3) Add chicken stock, bay leaf and chicken to the pot, then bring to a boil.
4) Reduce heat to low and allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
Serves 2 people. Will keep for at least 1 week.
Sweet Potato Soup
2 teaspoons Olive Oil
4 Large Sweet potatoes
1 Large Onion
1 Clove Garlic
1 Red Chilli
1.5 litre Chicken or Vegetable Stock
1 tsp Paprika
Salt and Pepper
Heat olive oil in pot.
Chop up onions and garlic, chilli and sweet potato.
Fry the onions, chilli, garlic and sweet potato for 5 minutes.
Add the paprika and stock to the pot and start to simmer.
Cook for 15 minutes, until the potato is cooked through.
Blend with hand blender for a smooth soup, or leave as is for a chunky soup.
Season to taste.
Serve in a bowls.
Spicy Tomato Soup
You will need:
1. 6 tomatoes
2. 1 apple
3. 1 chili pepper
4. 1 tablespoon of oil
5. 1 liter of vegetable broth
6. 1 egg
7. 3 tablespoons of wheat flour
8. 1 pinch of sugar
9. A bit of basil
10. 1 pinch of salt
11. A bit of black pepper
Wash tomatoes and cut them into many small pieces. Now cut apples and chili pepper. After that heat the oil in a fry pan, pour tomatoes, apples, chili pepper and fry them all. Dont forget to grate fried vegetables and boil the vegetable broth. Now just pour puree into boiling broth, add sugar, salt, black pepper and mix it all. While our soup is boiling whip the egg, mix it with the wheat flour and pour it to the soup. Now just wait until your soup boils and then decorate it with the basil.
Milk Soup With Broccoli
You will need:
1. 6 glasses of milk
2. 250 g of broccoli
3. 1 carrot
4. 1 potato
5. 100 g of canned peas
Cut all vegetables into small pieces, boil them in water, pour canned peas. After that pour the milk and some salt.
Potato and Leek Soup:
Ingredients: 1 chopped leek, 5 diced potatoes, 500 ml vegetable stock, 1 tablespoon olive oil, 2 tablespoon chopped parsley.
Directions: Heat the olive oil in a saucepan and add leek. When it becomes slightly brown, add the potatoes and let it cook on low heat for half an hour. Stir occasionally. Now add the vegetable stock and mix well. Simmer till it thickens. Cool the soup and blend it until smooth. Pour in bowls and enjoy.
- Half a cucumber
- 1 tbsp. fresh mint
- 150g. greek yoghurt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 mint leaf
- A handful of crushed ice
- Slice the cucumber into thin slices and place to one side.
- Add the greek yoghurt and cucumber into a food processor.
- Once combined, add the fresh mint and blend on full power for 1 minute.
- Follow by adding the crushed ice into the mixture and continue blending.
- Once all of the ingredients are combined, add the mixture into seperate bowls.
- Sprinkle some salt and freshly ground pepper into the cucumber soup mixture.
- Top with a mint leaf for decoration and eat immediately.
- This soup is best served chilled and can be stored in a refrigerator for 3 days after use. Serve with bread or on its own as a snack
The meaning of the name Akili is 'Wisdom, intellect, sense'. # 1000....
11-29-2011, 07:30 PM #2
- Join Date
- Nov 2011