Default Ishqiya sequel with Madhuri?

Follow us on Social Media

Director Abhishek Chaubey, who is set to reel out the second installment of his debut film Ishqiya (2010) reveals that this time he is weaving the plot, keeping actor Madhuri Dixit Nene in mind.

Chaubey says,"I haven't thought of anyone else except Madhuri for this sequel. The priority is to finish the story and bring her on board," adding, "It's being written right now. We should start shooting sometime mid next year. It's still at a developmental stage right now."

Madhuri, who has permanently moved to India from a the US with her family, is set to start her second innings in the industry.

The idea has been briefed to Madhuri, but she is witholding her decision until she f reads the complete script. "We met Madhuri once and ( she knows about the project. ( She will be doing the film i only if she likes the script. a Once we are done we will s meet her again," says Chaubey.

Ishqiya revolved around an uncle and nephew, played by Naseeruddin Shah and Arshad Warsi, who fall for seductive widow (Vidya Balan). Chaubey manages to retain the male protagonists for the sequel. "Besides the characters Khalujaan (Nasseruddin) and Babban i (Arshad), everything is fresh in the sequel," says Chaubey t adding, "It's a different story, so a different treatment." The sequel will also be set in North India. "You will see another look of North India that you haven't seen in the first film," Chaubey promises.