Default Desi Boyz director set to tie knot

Follow us on Social Media

Director David Dhawan has set his Chashme Baddoor (1981) in Goa. But it's not just the shooting that will take him to the state. Early next year, the filmmaker's son Rohit, who is making his directorial debut with the rom-com Desi Boyz this Friday, will be tying the knot with his girlfriend in Goa. Father Dhawan confirms the news reluctantly, "Yes, we're working on it, the marriage is happening, but I don't want to talk about this."

David, Bollywood's king of comedy who has hits like Aankhen (1993), Coolie No.1 (1995), Judwaa (1997), Biwi No.1 (1999) and Partner (2007) to his credit, also insists that he wasn't creatively involved with Desi Boyz, and that the film has solely Rohit's stamp on it: "I only gave a few suggestions during dining table discussions, but I never dropped in on his sets."

Two days before Desi Boyz's release, David confesses he's nervous. His younger son, Varun, is also busy shooting his first film, Student Of The Year in Shimla. "I'm not involved with that either," David says, adding, "It's a different banner (Dharma Productions) and director (Karan Johar), one of the best in the business."

David is keeping himself busy with Chashme Baddoor that has Ali Zafar, Siddharth and Divendu Sharma as the three roomies wooing the new neighbourhood girl (Tapasee): "Next is Ameesha Patel's first production that flags off next year." What about Partner 2 and Rascals 2? "Neither is on the cards. Yes, a Partner sequel was being developed, but I never spoke about Rascals 2," he says.

Could that be because actor-producer Sanjay Dutt and he have fallen out after the film failed to live up to box-office expectations? David looks aghast, "Sanjay is family... like a brother. I edited his first film as an actor and directed his first production. We could never fall out."