Retired Staff

Default 'Art of cinema is a small contribution': Amitabh

Follow us on Social Media

A humble Amitabh Bachchan considers his contribution to the country a small one when compared to the other luminaries like ISRO chief G Madhavan Nair felicitated by the 'Limca Book of Records' at a function here.

Mr. Bachchan was felicitated for being among 20 'People of the Year' who made India proud.

"I feel very humble. Great luminaries are present here, acknowledging our contribution in whatever way we have contributed in our respective fields. The art of cinema is small, a small contribution compared to them," he said after being felicitated last night.

The superstar expressed his gratitude to the audience for supporting him in his toughest times. "I dedicate this recognition to the people of country who have stood by me and have provoked me to do better. Thank you, India," Amitabh said.

Junior Bachchan Abhishek, along with wife Aishwarya, was also present at the function where the Hindi and Malayalam editions of the book were also unveiled by Amitabh and G Madhavan Nair.

Amitabh was the first Indian and Asian to be featured in the wax world of Madam Tussauds in London and has bagged a number of awards, including three national awards. He was also given Padma Shri and Padma Bhushan in 1984 and 2001 respectively.

Amitabh also holds the record of maximum number of scenes (23) in five hours for the film 'Shootout at Lokhandwala'.

Akash Gupta, 15-year old boy who has set a record by playing guitar for 53 hours without break, played the song 'Chhukar mere manko' from Amitabh's film 'Yaarana' and dedicated it to him.

Other guests felicitated at the function included television journalist Rajdeep Sardesai, eminent photojournalist Raghu Rai, versatile auto designer K Sudhakar, sand sculptor Sudarshan Pattanaik, S Ramesh Babu and Assistant district Commissioner of Sirsa, Yudhbir Singh Khyalia.

S Ramesh Babu, whose passion is to set records and has 44 separate individual record in his kitty, said his next target would be playing non-stop solo basket-ball for an hour.

Kal Ho Na Ho
    India & Cambodia