Results 1 to 6 of 6
Thread: Some Facts About HEART!
03-31-2009, 06:19 PM #1
Some Facts About HEART!
Womens' hearts beat faster than men. (Obviously!)
• Three years after a person quits smoking, there chance of having a heart attack is the same as someone who has never smoked before.
• The human heart weighs less than a pound.
• The human heart can create enough pressure that it could squirt blood at a distance of thirty feet.
• The first open heart surgery was performed by Dr. Daniel Hall Williams in 1893.
• Scientists have discovered that the longer the ring finger is in boys the less chance they have of having a heart attack.
• The right lung of a human is larger than the left one. This is because of the space and placement of the heart.
• The human heart beat roughly 35 million times a year.
• Olive oil can help in lowering cholesterol levels and decreasing the risk of heart complications.
• In a lifetime, the heart pumps about one million barrels of blood.
• In 1967, the first successful heart transplant was performed in Cape Town, South Africa.
• People that suffer from gum disease are twice as likely to have a stroke or heart attack.
• Most heart attacks occur between the hours of 8 and 9 AM.
• The human heart beast roughly 35 million times a year.
• During a typical human life span, the human heart will beat approximately 2.5 billion times.
• In one day your heart beats 100,000 times.
• For humans the normal pulse is 70 heartbeats per minute.
• At one time it was thought that the heart controlled a person's emotions.
• Every day 2,700 people die of heart disease.
Last edited by >YawneR<; 03-31-2009 at 06:22 PM.
03-31-2009, 08:46 PM #2
Thank you for sharing with us .
04-03-2009, 01:02 AM #3
thanks 4 sharing..
04-03-2009, 05:41 AM #4
04-03-2009, 08:30 AM #5
04-03-2009, 09:40 AM #6