Kal Ho Na Ho
    India & Cambodia

Default SRK conquers the ramp at Manish Malhotra Show

Follow us on Social Media

SRK conquers the ramp at Manish Malhotra Show
    By Shardha Agarwal, 31 March, 2009
    Four captains or 14, as long as the XIIth man of Kolkata Knight Riders is in form, the team is a sure winner in the Bollywood-meets-cricket circus. In a showstopper of showstoppers, Shah Rukh Khan, dressed in Kolkata Knight Riders colours — black dhoti pants, a black blazer with gold buttons and, yes, a gold-and-black sling — took the ramp at the end of Manish Malhotra’s show on Day 4 of Lakme Fashion Week, and made it his stage.

Walk over, it was time for the talk. “Thank you everyone for coming here. My friends from KKR are here, John Buchanan is here…. Preity Zinta is here…. She has joined KKR,” he laughed.

No mention of Sourav Ganguly, who SRK had hosted last week soon after Buchanan made public the four- captain policy.

The front row also included SRK’s wife Gauri, friend Karan Johar, Hrithik Roshan and wife Susanne, Kajol and sister Tanisha, Kareena Kapoor, Tusshar Kapoor, Genelia D’ Souza, Arjun Rampal and wife Mehr, Sridevi and Boney Kapoor.

Shah Rukh introduced Malhotra as the first man in history to have designed a sling! “If you guys give Filmfare Awards after Lakme Fashion Week, please give one to him for best sling!”

It all began during the shoot of KJo’s My Name is Khan in Miami when Shah Rukh had “casually” asked Malhotra if he could do a KKR theme fashion show. What SRK wants, SRK gets. So Manish began working on two KKR-inspired collections, “black and gold, sporty-meets-glam”.

The sling became a necessary accessory after the 43-year-old star underwent surgery on his left shoulder on February 16.

Left arm in sexy gold-and-black sling, SRK even talked sex on the ramp. He had the show area in splits, demonstrating how he was asked to wear his good-looking expression, suck in his cheeks, pout his lips, look angry and “turn around as if he doesn’t care a beep”!

“Lubna (Adams, choreographer) told me I look like a fish starved of sex. Fish is okay, but sex? I have a reputation. I am a Khan!”

Bowing to models who can act, Shah Rukh cited the examples of Arjun Rampal, Deepika Padukone, John Abraham “with his butt and muscles everywhere”, Zeenat Aman, Dino, Sushmita, Ash and Priyanka Chopra, and added Lara and Bipasha’s names on audience prompts!