Results 1 to 2 of 2
Thread: Facts Of Quran-e-Karim.
11-17-2011, 12:34 PM #1
Facts Of Quran-e-Karim.
BISMILLAH HIR RAHMAAN NIR RAHEEM...
In the name of Allah most Gracious most Merciful.
Here are some facts of Quran-e-Karim, which I think every Muslim should know, so thought to share it with all of you.
1.The word "Quran" literally means ''The Book being read repeatedly".
2.The revelation of the Quran started through Wahi (inspiration) from Allah (swt).
3.The first revelation came to the Prophet (PBUH) in Ghaar-e-Hira (cave Hira).
4. Cave Hira is in Jabl-e-Noor (Noor Mountain) on the road to Mina about 3 miles to the East of Holy Macca.
5. The Prophet was about 40 years old when Angel Jibrail brought the first revelation from Allah (swt).
6. The subject of the Quran is ''Man" (the one created in the best of form) and his ultimate goal in life.
7. The theme of the Quran consists broadly of three fundamental beliefs. They are: 1. Tawhid - Allah and predestination 2. Risalah - Angels of Allah, Books of Allah and Messengers of Allah 3. Akhirah - Life after Death and the Day of Judgement
8. The language of the Quran is pure and clear Arabic.
9. The Quran is divided into 30 parts (Parahs in Urdu or Juz in Arabic).
10. There are 114 chapters (Surahs) in the Quran.
11. There are 540 paragraphs (Rukoos) in the Quran.
12. There are 6666 verses (Ayats) in the Quran.
13. There are 10 different kinds of verses (Ayats) in the Quran. They are: 1. Promise verses, 1000 2. Warning verses, 1000 3. Forbidden verses, 1000 4. Order verses, 1000 5. Example verses, 1000 6. Story verses, 1000 7. Allowing as lawful, 250 8. Prohibitory verses, 250 9. Praise verses, 100 10. Miscellaneous verses, 66
14. The first revealed verses of the Quran are the first 5 verses (Ayats) of Surah Al Alaq.
15. The last verse was revealed shortly before the Prophet's (PBUH) death. It is the third verse of Surah Al Maidah.
16. The period of revelation of the Quran is 22 years, 5 months and 14 days.
17. There are 14 verses (Ayats) in the Quran where prostration is a must whenever you recite or listen to those verses.
18. The Quran commands the Muslims to offer Salah (Namaz) 700 times.
19. The Quran was revealed to the Prophet (pbuh) in two cities. Macca Al-Mukarramah and Madina Al-Munawwarah.
20. 65 chapters (Surahs) were revealed in Macca and they are called Maccan Surahs.
21. The period of revelation in Macca was 13 years.
22. 18 chapters (Surahs) were revealed in Madina and they are called Madani Surahs.
23. The period of revelation in Madina was 10 years.
24. The names of 26 Prophets are mentioned in the Quran.
25. Prophet Musa (as) is mentioned most in the Quran. He is mentioned 135 times.
26. Prophet Ibrahim (as) is mentioned 67 times in the Quran.
27. Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) is mentioned 5 times in the Quran.
28. God Almighty's name ''Allah" is mentioned 2584 times in the Quran.
29. 4 angels are mentioned in the Quran. They are: 1. Jibrail (as) 2. Mikail (as) 3. Haroot 4. Maroot
30. 5 Mosques are mentioned in the Quran. They are: 1. Masjid-e-Haram in Mecca 2. Masjid-e-Aqsa in Baitul Muqaddas, Palestine 3. Masjid-e-Quba in Madina 4. Masjid-e-Nabawwi in Madina 5. Masjid-e-Zarar in Madina
31. Allah (swt) ordered in the Quran to destroy (demolish) Masjid-e-Zarar in Madina. This mosque was built by the hypocrites (Munafeqeen) the enemies of Muslims.
32. The biggest chapter (Surah) in the Quran is Surah Al-Baqarah (the cow). It has 286 verses (Ayats).
33. The smallest chapters (Surahs) in the Quran are Surah Al-Asr, Al-Kauser and An-Nasr. They have 3 verses (Ayats).
34. The first person to memorize the Quran was Prophet Muhammad (PBUH).
35. By the time the Prophet (PBUH) passed away, 40 people (Huffaz) had already memorized the Quran.
36. Surah Tauba (also called Surah Barat) does not begin with "Bismillah AlRahman AlRaheem" (In the name of Allah).
37. In Surah Naml (chapter ant) ''Bismillah AlRahman AlRaheem" (In the name of Allah) is mentioned twice.
38. 99 Attributes/the Glorious names of Allah (Asma-e-Husna) are mentioned in the Quran.
39. The 3 men who were not the Prophets of Allah but are mentioned in the Quran are: 1. Luqman 2. Aziz-e-Misr 3. Zulqarnain
40. Hazrat Maryam is the only woman mentioned by name in the Quran.
41. The Bani Israil (nation) is mentioned in the Quran as the people whom Allah had blessed with many favors but they disobeyed Him.
42. The only Sahabi (companion of the Prophet) mentioned by name in the Quran is Zaid Bin Harithah.
43. 6 chapters (Surahs) in the Quran are named after the Prophets. They are: 1. Surah Younus 2. Surah Hud 3. Surah Yousuf 4. Surah Ibrahim 5. Surah Nuh 6. Surah Muhammad
44. Surah Al-Fatiha is also called as "Ummul Quran" (the mother of the Quran). It is the first chapter (Surah) of the Quran.
45. Surah Al-Baqarah is also called as "Sinamul Quran" (the zenith of the Quran). This Surah contains more commands than any other Surah.
46. Surah An-Nas is the last Surah of the Quran.
47. The Quran is the only revelation of Allah that exists unaltered and undistorted.
48. Allah the Almighty has taken the responsibility of preserving the Quran. He says in Surah Al-Hijr, Ayat-9 "Surely, We have revealed this reminder (zikr), We verily are its Guardian"...
12-19-2011, 05:46 PM #2
thanks for increasing my knowledge