Default John picks up Akshay's tricks!

Follow us on Social Media

Back in 2005, Priyadarshan’s Garam Masala hit t theatres with a rumour that ' Akshay Kumar had forced s John Abraham's role to be edited out. It was staunchly denied. ' The last month, it was reported that John has come in Akki's way after the latter's favourite filmmaker, Vipul Shah, decided to launch a project with his Force actor. And in the process, stalled work on Akshay's Singh Is Kinng sequel.

But John is completely unperturbed. "Akshay and I have developed a close bond. And these rumours don't influence us. We don't hare the kind of equation hat we read about each other in papers. If something comes out in the media, he clearly asks me, tune ye bola kya?' (did you say this?) or I can ask him if he made any statement. And we will honestly say 'yes' or no'. We share a very open relationship," says John.

As Akshay and John team up again in Rohit Dhawan's Desi Boyz, the latter insists heir equation never really changed. He adds: "The only difference is that I was very new and raw in Garam Masala. But in Desi Boyz, Akshay now has someone whom he can relate to personally and professionally with his comic timing, and can work with easily. And that makes a lot of difference."

In fact, Dhawan has already revealed that contrary to his reputation for stealing his co-stars' lines, Akshay would insist that some of his dialogue be given to John. "I've learnt a lot from Akshay, especially about comic timing. Today, I've evolved as an actor and enjoy my space," says John.