Default Abhay 'has a say' in Shanghai!

Follow us on Social Media

Abhay Deol's upcoming movie, Shanghai, directed by buddy Dibakar Banerjee, is being billed as the story of common man's aspirations.

Abhay asserts that the film's incidents are based in a small town of India and it Apathy is at an all-time high. Anyone who lives in this city works really hard for sustenance. Actor Abhay Deol highlights every common man's desire to lead a better life, have smooth roads to ply on, and decent infrastructure facilities.

"But isn't it easier said than done?" quips Abhay, who rues that Mumbai's infrastructure is crumbling by the day with issues like potholes on roads, bloating population and escalating poverty continuing to plague the metro. "Apathy is at an alltime high. Anyone who lives in this city works really hard for sustenance. It's the survival of the fittest. At the end of it, are we satisfied with what we get in lieu of our everyday-struggle?"

Meantime, the younger Deol, who plans to shift base to Goa, is content with unconventional roles, insisting he doesn't set boundaries when it's about choosing projects. "I don't tie myself down. Manorama Six Feet Under was an offbeat film. Ek Chalis Ki Last Local was a laugh riot. Socha Na Tha was a rom-com. Dev D had gripping drama," elaborates Abhay, who had his first commercial hit this year, Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara. "The only common factor is that all the films are content-driven. And that's what matters to me." Abhay will be seen in Rock The Shaadi and Singularity next year.