Default Stars starting to get more real!

Follow us on Social Media

Imran Khan seems to be taking a cue from uncle Aamir Khan's perfectionist streak. For his role as a Haryanvi in Matru Ki Bijlee Ka Mandola (MKBKM), the actor has not only joined an 'akhada' (village gym), but is also undergoing a complete makeover to fit into the rugged and rustic avatar for Vishal Bhardwaj's film.

The director is keen on changing Imran's mental state more than his physical appearance, and wants him to imbibe the body language and dialect of Haryanvi Jats. "Jats are known to be extremely rustic, earthy with strong physique. Besides, they speak in a strong dialect and have a rugged body language. So, Vishal is keen that Imran travel through Haryana and get the real feel," says a unit member of MKBKM.

Imran, on his part, is already in Delhi, from where he will head to Haryana. He confirms, "Yes, I will travel to Haryana by road tomorrow. I don't have a destination in mind. I plan to drift around the state nonchalantly. I'm very excited about eating at roadside dhabas and meeting locals casually."

The unit member adds that Imran will visit smaller villages in the state to observe the people and their lifestyle: "He'll do it for a week first, and then if he feels the need, he'll discuss it with Vishal and pick a village to study in more detail." MKBKM stars Imran opposite Anushka Sharma for the first time.

Earlier, Ajay Devgn was supposed to do the film, but after his exit, the script was tweaked to make it suit the younger Delhi Belly actor.