Results 1 to 9 of 9
Thread: iPhone 3.0 and Its New Features
03-22-2009, 11:15 AM #1
iPhone 3.0 and Its New Features
Apple announced the new iPhone 3.0 OS platform with lots of new features for users and developers alike. Some of the new features include copy/paste between applications, MMS, Push Notifications, system wide search using the spotlight feature, the new Map Kit framework, P2P networking and hardware communication and lot others.
What’s new for Users:
- Double tapping on any word brings up a menu with copy, cut and paste features, upon selection users can drag to expand the selection and then select one of the copy or cut functions.
- The copy/paste functions works across the applications, that is, users can copy text or images from one place, say, a text file or a folder consisting of images to safari browser.
- MMS for sending and receiving audio/video, photos, contacts, audio files and locations using Messages app
- Voice Memo app for capturing and sending audio recordings on the go
- Landscape view is now available for mail, text and notes aswell
- Spotlight Search function for searching within the files, Mail and Notes
- Stock app displays trading information, average price, market cap or trading volume, all this in full screen landscape mode.
- App Store will now be available in 77 countries
What’s new for Developers:
- iPhone 3.0 SDK brings 1000 new APIs for the developers
- Developers can now make you of the new peer-to-peer connections over Bonjour, in-app content purchases features while developing applications
- In-app content purchases allows developers to provide and update for a price. Suppose, if a user finishes of a game consisting of 10 levels, he can buy the next 10 levels from the game application itself.
- Peer-to-peer connections feature allows developers to develop network games, which can be played by using Bluetooth
- iPhone 3.0 SDK is a boon for the hardware accessory manufacturers. They can manufacture new accessories like diabetics checking device, which can be hooked to the iPhone or iPod touch controlled from an app.
The iPhone OS 3.0 will be available for free for the iPhone users for free and the iPod Touch users will have purchase the OS by paying $9.95. Some of the features may no be supported by the older iPhone due to the differences in the hardware. Also, the MMS messaging feature will be available only in the iPhone 3G.
All in all, iPhone 3.0 is a major upgrade. It sets a platform for the developers and accessory makers to make revolutionary applications and accessories. I guess the hardware upgrade is not far off. We will definitely see a 3MP or 5MP camera and good battery life in the months a head.
03-22-2009, 11:44 AM #2
dude its a software not a phone, they do the software update every 2 months right now its 2.26
03-22-2009, 12:31 PM #3
03-23-2009, 04:32 AM #4
03-23-2009, 05:25 AM #5
- Join Date
- Mar 2008
This update helping me alot....its amzingsorry dude .... Hash
03-24-2009, 02:49 AM #6
03-24-2009, 10:54 AM #7
03-25-2009, 02:39 AM #8
- Join Date
- Mar 2008
i got da update from dis site....i have more updates tat apple didnt release yet...u just need to know da place...ITS BETA FAT ASS..
here is da video...
for ipod touch
dis is da one for iphone
it works for me
Last edited by Thanks for last 3 yrs..Muffz!!; 03-25-2009 at 02:52 AM.sorry dude .... Hash
03-25-2009, 02:51 AM #9
I Need this update
The Copy and Paste is handy if you cant get on your computer