Retired Staff

Default Mahi Gill: Anurag was more relaxed in DEV D

Follow us on Social Media

Joginder Tuteja, Bollywood Trade News Network

GULAAL has released and Mahi Gill has yet again been noticed in spite of featuring only in a special appearance. She has been shown as a huge Tabu fan in the film, something that gets reflected in her walk to mannerisms to the dance steps and even the music that her character hears in the film.
    For Mahi, it has been a double take in a matter of two months since GULAAL has hit the screens even as DEV D is still doing strong in select screens across the country. Since she has worked in back to back films with director Anurag Kashyap, did she see any difference in approach towards the two films?

"First of all the two films have a totally different subject and milieu so the narrative was bound to be completely different. What I noticed was that Anurag was more relaxed while shooting for DEV D. He was a little tense though in case of GULAAL since the film's shoot had started a few years back and he was in a lot of pressure to complete it. There was just 20% portion of the film left when I came in", says Mahi who is being looked at as the find of the season after her two films.

"Throughout the time I shot for GULAAL, I got the impression that he was very emotional about the film. He wanted to release the film and let audience know of his work", divulges Mahi.

Talking about her own experience while acting in the film, Mahi says, "When compared to other out and out non-glam characters, I was still reasonably glam. Also, while working in GULAAL, I felt that I was actually acting. Otherwise DEV D was sheer fun. In fact when people tell me that I was good in the film, I still can't believe it. I keep asking them whether I actually did that well! I am just starting out in Bollywood and such compliments are always encouraging."

Kal Ho Na Ho
    India & Cambodia

Thank you very much for sharing