Runner Up - Admins Awards

Default Rockstar music tops international charts

Follow us on Social Media

Imtiaz Aliís Rockstar grew into a mammoth project the moment AR Rahmanís name was associated with it Ė this was probably one of the best things to happen to the film. The genre of rock music used in the OST is not very popular in India, but Rahmanís magic has worked big time, not only here, but the world over. The album is now number one on the US World Charts and number two in UK Charts.

This is a huge feat for a Bollywood film and the credit goes to Rahman, who has composed 14 spectacular songs that make for delightful listening. But the story goes that thanks to his busy schedule Rahman almost said no to the director. When Imtiaz approached Rahman, the maestro instantly said, ďOh my God, I have no time! There is no way I can do this, but I will do it.

I want to do it.Ē At that time Rahman was in the thick of a hundred commitments Ė recording in LA, performing at concerts, jamming with SuperHeavy, writing for Hollywood, Bollywood and Tamil movies. But he agreedÖand did his superlative best. Evidently Rahmanís instinctive reaction about the movie was right, as his work is now topping the charts not only in US and UK, but also in other parts of the world, including France, Germany and Australia. We are excitedly waiting to watch the film this November.
    ...being a human...

I am very excitedly waiting to watch the film this November