Retired Staff

Default JBL Talks About Making a Returning to WWE

Follow us on Social Media

Former WWE superstar John Bradshaw Layfield has posted a new discussion on his Facebook page answering the question he says he's asked most on Facebook and Twitter - whether he'll ever return to WWE. Here's what he said:

"Will I return to WWE? I doubt it, but you never know. I am not looking for a job and they are not asking me to return so it has not come up. I had to retire due to injuries, and yes, the 23 second match with Rey at Wrestlemania was my idea-at that point in my career due to injuries I could not have had any type of real match.

"I was so hurt at that point that I literally couldnít walk anywhere of distance and didnít have the ability to work out. I hated being out of shape and realized I was tired of smoke and mirrors to hide my inadequacies-I didnít want to be one of those old guys who had held on too long and I was in danger of becoming exactly that.

"Itís taken over two full years but I am currently in the best health, and shape, I have been in over a decade."

JBL said he is currently training for the New York Marathon in November and then plans to climb the tallest volcano in the world (in Ecuador) in February