Runner Up - Admins Awards

Default I saw Tendulkarís legs shivering while facing Shoaib Akhtar: Afridi

Follow us on Social Media

In a new twist, which may result in another controversy, former Pakistan cricket captain Shahid Afridi on Saturday supported the claims by Shoaib Akhtar that Master Blaster Sachin Tendulkar was scared of his pace.

A Pakistani newspaper quoted Afridi saying that he was a witness of Tendulkar shivering in front of the Rawalpindi Express.

The Express Tribune quoted Afridi: “Shoaib is telling the truth. Tendulkar was afraid of him and while fielding, I saw Tendulkar’s legs shivering while facing his bowling.”

However, Afridi also added that it was not an unusual feature of a batsman as it happens and every batsman feels the same pressure. Read: Shoaib Akhtar claims Sachin scared of him, admits to ball tampering

Earlier, In his book, ‘Controversially Yours’, the Rawalpindi Express has made some extremelty sensational claims and written that Sachin was scared of his bowling.

Later, Akhtar's comment on Sachincaused furore across the border, forcing publishers to cancel all launch-related and publicity events.

Accoring to an excerpt, Shoaib says, “"I bowled (Sachin) a particularly fast ball which he, to my amazement didn't even touch. He walked away! That was the first time I saw him walk away from me-that, too, on the slow track at Faisalabad."

Later, speaking to a news channel, Shoaib Akhtar, clarified saying, “In Faisalabad, I think Sachin was under stress as he had some injuries and at that point I felt that Tendulkar was scared of me and I was exploiting his weakness.” Later he also added that a player goes through several phases and in another phase of his career, on a similar kind of ball Sachin was hitting him for sixes. .
    Last edited by Caasanova; 10-01-2011 at 11:06 PM.
    ...being a human...