Runner Up - Admins Awards

Default Emraan-Vidya have unique chemistry in 'Dirty Picture'

Follow us on Social Media

Milan Luthria says he wanted a fiery chemistry between Vidya Balan and Emraan Hashmi in 'Dirty Picture' and kept the duo apart before the shooting of the movie.
    "I think I played a bit of a game between Emraan and Vidya. I kept them apart for the longest time possible. There were no workshops to make them comfortable with each other. On the contrary, I wanted that sense of discomfort to come in because that is exactly what the characters demanded," Luthria told PTI.
    "As they were the unlikeliest pair to come together, I wanted them to be brought together on the sets and to be thrown into a bold scene," he added.

t is not clear whether Emraan and Vidya shared the same enthusiasm as Luthria but the director eventually had his way. Though he slightly modified the situation by filming a scene that required Emraan and Vidya to insult each other.
    "I turned into an audience myself for these scenes because even I wasn't sure about the kind of chemistry they would end up igniting. I was anxious as they hadn't spent time with each other.
    ...being a human...