Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Do u know that....???
09-18-2011, 03:56 PM #1
Do u know that....???
DO YOU KNOW THAT........?????
* A shooting star is a meteor that comes from space,burning out in the earth`s upper atmosphere.
* The total number of star visible with the naked eye can not be more than 6000.
* Star twinkle for two main reasons, The intensity of the stars decreases and increases because of line-of-sight effect and there are disturbance in the gases of the atmosphere.
* One light year is equal to 9461,000 million km ( 5875,000 million miles ).
* The earth is about three million miles closer to the sun in january.
* An engine which could do work equal to lifting 550 pounds one foot per second,is said to work at rate of one horsepower.
* The essential parts of radio are: Vacuum tubes, transistors , Amplifier and Oscillator.
* If you look at sky from the moon,It appears completely black because the moon has no atmosphere.
* FM stands for Frequency modulation.
* THere is no colour of the sky but it is the blue part of the white light of the sun which gets scattered by the dust particles hanging in the atmosphere.
* Kilowatt hour (kWh) is a bigger unit of energy used in addition to SI unit.
* Mitosis and meiosis are two types of cell division.
* Light travels at a speed of 186,000 miles per sec.
* The volcanoes of HAWAII are the most common and thoroughly studied in the world
* Acre-foot is a unit of volume and is used to measure irrigation water, runoff volume and reservoir capacity.
* Heme is Ferrous Protopo
* There is about 340 million cubic miles of liquid water on the surface of the earth
* Ducts are small tubes which transfer the secretion of glands.
* Borneo, sumatra , kenya ,uganda, brazil , colombia and equadore are some countries through which the equator passes.
* Computer virus has created from pakistan
* The dead sea is the world lowest sea.Its surface is 400 metres below the mediterranean.
* MegaWatt is a unit of power equal to 1000 kiloWatts.
* There are 15 main tectonic plates which makes the dynamic crust of the earth.
* Northern edge of the Atlama desert in Chile is richest with the desposits of copper.
* Dry ice is solid carbon dioxide at a temperature of -80 C.
* Hydro-electric power means production of electricity by making Dams.
* Chronic disease usually begins slowly and persists over a longer time.
* Pakistan Railway & german Company agreed on a fisiblity report of 750 km line
* Pakistan to Manufacture mobile phones from May 2007
* Abu Dhabi to Set-up Oil Refinery in Pakistan
* Salt production in Pakistan reaches One Mln Tonnes per Year
* Pakistan to increase Oil Output upto 100,000 Barrels Per Day
* Pakistan GDP in 2006 was estimated approximately $ 439.7 billion
* Fiscal budget for revenue and expenditure is targetted $ 19.8 billion and $ 25.7 billion respectively
* GDP growth rate is 6.6 %
* Population of pakistan is 165,803,560
* Population below poverty line is 25%.
* Export target for the year is estimated $18 billion and Import target is estimated $28 billion
* Privatisation target for the year is 75 billion
* $13 billion is reserved amount of pakistan
Really inspirational Work...Well done Sureshlasi, let me share a lil from my side too
The only fish that can blink with both eyes is a shark.
The Niagara falls froze solid as it was so cold in winter of 1932.
Tigers don't have striped fur but striped skin.
Compared to men, women blink nearly twice.
Its not possible to keep your eyes open and sneeze.(Don't try it) ;-)
An average American spends 6 months in his whole life at red lights.
The scissors was invented by Leonardo Da Vinci.
When we are born our nose and ears keeps growing but the size of our eyes remains the same.
The longest word typed with the left hand is stewardesses and with the right is lollipop. (Don't try others) ;-)
56% of the average typing work is done with the left hand.
In every two weeks if the stomach does not produce a new layer of mucus it will digest itself;-)
The words read left to right or right to left in the words racecar kayak and level are the same.
When a chocolate bar melted in the pocket after a researcher walked by a radar tube, he invented the microwave.
The brain of the Ostrich is smaller than its eyes.
Vocal sounds of a dog are 10 and that of a cat are over one hundred.
In each ear of the cat there are 32 muscles.
Life span of a dragonfly is 24 hours.
A snail can sleep for three years.
* The total quantity of blood in a human body is 7-8 liter.
* Vitamin A is found in Dairy products
* Deficiency of Vitamin A causes Night blindness.
* 80 % water is found in pure blood
* Too much presence of the Potassium salt in human blood increase the risk of heart attack.
* The pH of normal human body is Arteries 7.4
* Vitamin C can not be stored in human body.
* Jaundice is the disease of Liver
* Sunlight is composed of seven colours
* "Braille system" is used for the education of Blind.
* Lousis Braille of France made it possible for the blind to read and write.
* Blue color has shortest wavelength
* Dry Ice is solid Carbon dioxide
* Silver metal has the highest electrical conductivity.
* Protein is a natural polymer
* AIDS is caused by HIV virus ( human immune deficiency virus ).
* The paper currency first introduce by china
* Robert E. Peary (1856-1920) an American explorer reached North Pole on 6th April 1909 for the first time in human history and Ronald Amandsen of Norway was the first man to reach the South pole on 14th dec 1911.
* Indonesia comprises of 17000 islands which extend up to 2000 miles in the Pacific and Indian oceans. Phillippines (Asia) is second with the total number of 7100 islands.
* The world`s largest commercial and saving bank is Mizuho Holding Inc (japan). The bank
generated revenue of 48,154 million ($76,851 million ) and profits of 1,154 million ($ 1843
* The Umayyad Dynasty (661-750 A.D) was the first Muslim dynasty. It succeeded the Pious
Caliphate. Muawiya I was the founder of the dynasty. Where as The Slave Dynasty (1206-1290
A.D) was the first regular Muslim dynasty of the Sub-continent.
* The Second World war which lasted from 1939 to 1945 is regarded as the greatest war in the history of mankind so far. It was fought between the Allied power (USA, UK , USSR , France etc) and the Axis powers (Japan , Germany , Italy). In which German , U.K , Sovet Union ,
Japan , USA bear the loss of Combatants 3500,000 , 264443 , 11000000 , 1300000 , 292131 and loss of Civilians 780000 , 92673 , 7000000 , 672000 , 6000 respectively.
* The longest river in asia is Yangtze
* Turkey is the country having its land in two continents
* After United states, the largest number of inventions in the last two decades belongs to Germany
* Charles babbage is called " Father of computer "
* Adam smith is called " Father of economics "
* The world`s largest internet search engine is Google.
* The world`s longest current reigning monarch is Queen of England.
* The most common element in the universe is Nitrogen.
* Germany is the highest solar energy user in the world.
* Inflation means that money falls in value.
* The Cambodian Language is the language with most Alphabets. It has a total nember of 74 alphabets
* The Ostrich of North Africa is the biggest bird.Its height is upto 2.7 metres ( 9 feet ) and weight is upto 160 kgs. While the humming bird is smallest bird. It is 5.5-20 cm in length and weight
about 16 grams.
* Redwood or Giant Sempervirens is the tallest tree in the world . It rises up to a height of 111 metres (366 feets).
* Glaciers are found on every continent except Africa. The Lambert Glacier enjoys the distinction of being the largest glacier in the world. It is located in the Australia Antarctic Territory. Its length is 440 miles (700 km).
* Pakistan-Afghanistan border ' Durand line ' was drawn in 1893 by Sir Mortimer Durand and Afghanistan`s ruler Abdur rehman khan.
* Asian Development Bank was established on 16th jan, 1999.
* Radcliff was a lawyer by profession.
* In 1945, Hiroshima was the first city Atom bomb dropped.
* Leo Tolstoy was the political guru of Gandhi.
* South Africa is the country which has three capitals.
* Pakistan become the member of UNO in 1947 and the member of NAM in 1979.
* All-india muslim league was established in 1906 and Quaid-e-azam joined in 1913.
* NADRA stands for National Database and Registration Authority.
* The lowest per capita income in the muslim world is of Somalia.
* United Nations spends a lion`s share of its budget on Refugees rehabilitations
* A piece of land surrounded by water on three sides is known as " peninsula ".
* Pacific ocean is the largest ocean.
* The density of population usually measured in person per sq. km
* Approximately the south west monsoon begin in pakistan in late july.
* World`s teacher day was observed on october 5, 2005 in pakistan.
Month of the year
Name of months under Geogorian :
Name of months under Hebrew :
Name of months under Hindusium :
Name of months in muslims :
3. Rabiul Awwal
4. Rabius sani
5. Jamadiul Awwal
6. Jamadiul Sani
11. Zi Qadah
12. Zil Hajj
The muslim months are subject to the appearance of moon
Etymology of the days
It is the abbreviated form of moon-day
Both Romans and Anglo-saxons dedicated this day to the god of war
It is derived from Anglo-Saxon chief god woden.
It is derived from Thore the god of thunder
It is derived from Friga the goddess of married love
It is a shortened form of saturn`s day
Day devoted for the worship of sun
Etymology of the Months
Named after god janus
Name after Februalia
Derived from Mars (the god of war)
Derived from latin word Aperire meaning buds
Named after Maria ( goddess of growth of plants )
Taken from Latin word Juvenis ( youth )
Named after Julius Caesar
Named after Augustus (First Roman Emperor)
Adopted from Latin word septem (seven)
Derived from Latin word Octo (eight)
Adopted from Latin word Novem ( Nine )
Derived from Latin word Decem ( Ten )