Default Abhishek Bachchan hurt in accident

Follow us on Social Media

Abhishek Bachchan was injured while filming a stunt sequence in Jaipur for Rohit Shetty's movie 'Bol Bachchan'. The star was rushed to Mumbai for surgery after the accident.

It seems that Abhishek was shooting with Ajay Devgn for an action scene when he sustained an injury near his right eye. As the wound was deep, and it was confirmed that Abhi needed surgery, the producers decided it would be best if he were treated in Mumbai. Apparently the surgery, which was critical, was performed at the Lilavati Hospital in Mumbai.

It's been revealed that the action sequence was originally to have been performed by a stunt double, but Abhishek insisted on doing it himself. It involves a chase over hand-rickshaws, and Abhi missed his footing while doing it.

Abhishek's dad Amitabh Bachchan confirmed the incident, posting on his Twitter page, "Abhishek's had an accident on set in Jaipur, has just flown back .. 6 stitches near eye. Is well. Will take some days to recover,"

Abhishek himself tweeted soon after, "Bachpan me mere pitaji ne mujhe sikhaya tha... "mard ko dard nahin hota" :-) !!!"

He added, "Thank you all very much for your concern and messages. I'm fine, nothing serious. Just a small cut above my eye and a few stitches. Had a fall whilst filming a small action sequence in Jaipur. Have come back to Mumbai now and will resume work at the earliest.

Abhi also thanked his fans and friends for their wishes, saying, "Thank you again for all the get well soon messages. The (show) MUST and WILL go on. Lots of love and gratitude."