Default Is Shirish surprising Akshay with JOKER?

Follow us on Social Media

Even as the shoot for Shirish Kunder's JOKER is on, work on film's VFX is in full swing while editing is also taking place simultaneously. One wonders how is Akshay Kumar reacting to working in a film like this where currently it is pretty much a green field project where ultimately VFX and special effects would decide the eventual look and feel of a scene. Hasn't it ever led to any doubts in his mind since this is his first ever experience of working in such a setup?

"You are forgetting that we had worked together in JAAN-E-MANN as well and there in the opening sequence itself Akshay found himself in a space craft which was all courtesy VFX," smiles Shirish, "Even otherwise Akshay isn't someone who asks too many questions."

JOKER wallpaper

"Yes, in general though there have been a few instances where my actors have been a little perplexed on seeing the kind of sets I have put together. Like a leading lady may be expecting some dhinchaak song-n-dance set but end up seeing something entirely different in a film of mine," he laughs, "Even Akshay has been taken by surprise a couple of times on realizing the kind of setting I have put together for a particular scene. But then as I said, he never complains and always goes by his director's vision."