Retired Staff

Default Aamir Khan to star in and produce Neeraj Vora film

Follow us on Social Media

Aamir signs Phir Hera Pheri director for a film starring himself

Director Neeraj Vora not only got the hard-to-please Aamir Khan to like his script, but has also managed to impress him enough to produce the film. The untitled movie will go on the floors early next year.

Audience granted

An insider reveals, "Neeraj had this script for which he only wanted Aamir. Knowing how elusive the actor is, Neeraj knew it would be a task to even get him to agree to a narration.

However, Vora has worked with Aamir in a handful of films and used that to ask for an appointment. The actor granted him audience, and they met."

'I'll produce it!'

The source further adds, "The narration went on for a few hours. At the end of it, Aamir asked Neeraj who was producing the film.

When he said he didn't have one as yet, the actor offered to step in as a producer, as he loved the script." It is said to be a romantic comedy, a genre Khan has not attempted in a while.

The actor and the writer-director are scheduled to meet again later this week to discuss the remaining cast and credits of the film.

Presently Aamir is busy with Raju Hirani's Three Idiots, which is out later this year. After that, he will begin shooting for Neeraj's untitled flick. Aamir goes about his work in a guarded manner and has asked Neeraj to keep mum about their film, "Till the time is right."

Other priorities

When contacted, Vora denied even meeting the actor, "I haven't met him as yet. As a director we meet many actors and people talk around it.

Right now, my only priority is to complete my two films one is ShortKut and the other is Run Bhola Run. Until I see these films through, I can't think of any new movie."