Default How luck played a role in Katrina's casting for MBKD

Follow us on Social Media

There is an interesting story that goes behind the casting of Katrina Kaif in MERE BROTHER KI DULHAN. When writer-director Ali Abbas Zafar had penned the story', it was on a blank slate with no decision yet on who would eventually play the all important role of the central protagonist. All he knew at that point thought was that this script would be for Yash Raj Films and casting decisions would be made at a later stage.

"After I was done writing, Aditya Chopra asked me about whom did I have in mind for the dulhan. When I said Katrina, he just asked me a simple question that what was in my script that would appeal to her. When I said that it was a mad film and would change the way she was perceived by the audience, he gave me a go ahead to reach out to her, make her hear the script and get all set for the film if she gave her nod of approval,' informs Zafar.

This was the time when Katrina was in Spain while shooting for ZINDAGI NA MILEGI DOBARA. Though Zafar was apprehensive if she would respond soon due to her hectic schedule, to his pleasant surprise Katrina reverted within 12 hours and gave her nod of approval.

Retired Staff
    Brisbane, Australia