dR Dazzler

Default Ali Abbas Zafar: Adi is like an elder brother

Follow us on Social Media

JHOOM BARAABAR JHOOM, TASHAN, NEW YORK and BADMAASH COMPANY - These are the four films for which Ali Abbas Zafar assisted various directors before filmmaker Aditya Chopra entrusted him with the responsibility of making a film of his own. Today as his MERE BROTHER KI DULHAN is just a fortnight away from release, Zafar is happy about Aditya giving him his big break and that too with stars like Imran Khan and Katrina Kaif.

"With Adi I share a five year old relationship. He is more like an elder brother and after being a First Assistant Director on four films, our relationship has only strengthened further," says Zafar with a tone of gratitude in his voice, "When he saw my script, he acknowledged that he had enough confidence in me pulling this one off. From there on I got everything I wanted in the film right from the music to locations."

This is when one comes to the oft repeated query which is put forth to any newcomer director who is just starting off independently and that too with the country's biggest production house i.e. 'Did he face any discomfort during the actual shooting days since Aditya Chopra is himself an accomplished director?'