Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Lemon & Asparagus Risotto
08-21-2011, 10:18 AM #1
- Join Date
- Jan 2010
Lemon & Asparagus Risotto
1 bunch asparagus (approx. 250g/ 9oz)
450ml (¾ pt) hot vegetable stock
2 leeks, trimmed and finely sliced
40g (1½oz) butter
200g (7oz) risotto rice
100g (4oz) frozen peas
Finely shredded zest and juice ½ lemon
Salt & pepper to taste
40g (1½oz) fresh parmesan cheese
10g (¼oz) fresh basil
1. Cut off asparagus tips with 2.5cm (1″) stem attached. Add 30ml (2tbsp) stock. Cover, place on base of oven and cook on MEDIUM MICROWAVE for 3 mins.
2. Chop remaining asparagus stems into 1cm pieces and leave to one side.
3. Place leeks and 25g (1oz) butter in a large bowl. Place on base of oven and cook on HIGH MICROWAVE for 2 mins.
4. Add the rice to the leeks and stir in the hot vegetable stock. Cover and cook on HIGH MICROWAVE for 10 mins.
5. Add chopped asparagus stems and cook on MEDIUM MICROWAVE for a further 2 mins.
6. Stir in the peas, lemon zest and juice and cook on MEDIUM MICROWAVE for 2 mins.
7. Stir in the cooked asparagus tips, basil, remaining butter and 25g (1oz) Parmesan cheese. Cook on MEDIUM MICROWAVE for 3 mins.
8. Serve in warm bowls sprinkled with a few whole basil leaves and the rest of the Parmesan cheese.