dR Dazzler

Default Rana turns to uncle for his cop act in Ramu's Department

Follow us on Social Media

It isn't just Ram Gopal Varma who is teaching the tricks of the trade to Rana Daggubati as far as his cop drama Department is concerned. The hunky newcomer is making preparations of his own as far as enacting the part of a cop is concerned. For starters he is taking tips from a close friend's father who is a senior cop himself.

Informs a source close to Rana, "Since Department is meant to be a realistic take on affairs instead of being one of those 'masala' cop stories, Rana is taking his characterisation very seriously. Since he has close family relationship with some top cops, he has been having intense meetings with them, both formally and informally, to understand the psyche and conduct of cops. An uncle of his is turning out to be a great help since he is very fond of Rana from his childhood days. He has been narrating quite a few real life stories from his past and explaining how exciting but tough it is to be a cop when there are forces pulling you from all directions."

It isn't just one person though on whom Rana is entirely dependent. To get an objective view of how the 'department' functions, he did interact with a few other top cops as well who have been a part of his extended family.

Confirms Rana, "Yes, that's the environment I have grown up in. In fact it isn't just for Department that I am having any exclusive conversations. Even otherwise I know quite a few police officers from the past and have interacted with them on a casual basis. They have shared with me their many encounters and challenges."

Even reel life cops have been an inspiration for Rana who states that one of his favourite cop dramas is Telugu flick Gharshana. Featuring his uncle Venkatesh, the film was a remake of Tamil hit Kaakha…Kaakha: The Police which has now been attempted in Hindi too with John Abraham flexing his muscles for Force.

"I guess an excitement to do a cop film is always there", smiles Rana, "As a child when you watch so many cop films, even during a game of 'Chor Police' you always want to be a cop. Now that I am getting this chance with Department so early in my career and I want to take full advantage of that."