View Poll Results: What's your reaction to 'Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 2'

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll

1 50.00%
  • Dislike

1 50.00%
  • Who cares

0 0%
    Runner Up - Admins Awards www.desirulez.net

T

Lightbulb Review: Go watch the last Harry Potter movie!

Follow us on Social Media

Do you know that feeling inside your stomach you get after watching a great film, reading a great book, or listening to a great piece of music? That knot that seems to radiate pangs of aching emptiness and happiness?

That is not quite the feeling you get after watching Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows Part 2, the finale of the eight Harry Potter films made from the seven books by J K Rowling . Instead, what you get is an overwhelming feeling of: If Only.

Don't get me wrong, Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows Part 2 is a juggernaut of a movie, epic at times, poetic at others. Actually, it is so good that you wish all the films had been this good.
    Especially after watching the trio of Daniel Radcliffe , Emma Watson (too pretty to be Hermione, but that's not a complaint) and Rupert Grint mature into such fine actors. They have become Harry Potter, Hermione Granger and Ron Weasley; that is their triumph. These are roles of a lifetime, and the kids deserve a round of applause.

As do the entire ensemble cast. Maggie Smith playing the strict but loving Professor Minerva McGonagall, Alan Rickman as the misunderstood Severus Snape, Helena Bonham Carter (an absolute hoot playing Hermione play Bellatrix on Polyjuice Potion) as the manic Bellatrix Lestrange, and Ralph Fiennes, who plays Lord Voldemort with rare aplomb. Even Evanna Lynch as Luna Lovegood and Matthew Lewis as Neville Longbottom really flower in this one.

The two-hour-ten-minute movie moves like a steam train on full throttle, and the Battle of Hogwarts is almost as grand as you would have imagined it to be. The film alternates between action and emotion with the right kind of shutter-speed and tries to stay faithful to the book to a larger extent than previously seen. The special effects are top class, and more realistic. Check out the gnarled old dragon at Gringotts, for example.

But there are still Potter booboos. I mean, surely, you can't have Harry duelling Lord Voldemort even before Nagini is dead? And, surely, more people joined the Battle of Hogwarts?

And the final film remains a victim of past mistakes, though it tries to cover it all in one grand sweep, and, to director David Yates' credit, almost succeeds.

Truth be told, Yates, who took over since Order Of The Phoenix, has stood head and shoulders above all the Potter directors.

The first two films by Chris Columbus were disasters. In Philosopher's Stone, you never felt Harry's awe at discovering and being part of the wizard world. In Chamber Of Secrets, you never felt the fear.

Things got better from Prisoner Of Azkaban, with the Mexican director Alfonso Cuarón introducing a darker approach. But by then, too many of the key side-dishes of the Harry Potter buffet had been chopped off the menu (a trend continued with Goblet Of Fire, directed by Mike Newell). So, when you finally see Fred Weasley dead, I doubt you will fell as much for one of Rowling's finest characters. You just have't met the irrepressible Fred and George in the films.

Similarly, though the final film opens with Harry at Dobby's grave, I doubt one can feel as much for Dobby the free elf, given that the whole subtext of wizards versus other magical creatures has been given short shrift in the films. As has Harry's own love affair with Ginny Weasley, coupled with the superhero's guilt.

And yet, the final film shines. Snape's flashback is beautifully done. And Deathly Hallows Part 2 gets its imagery right with subliminal Second World War suggestions. The books (like all fantasy fiction) have a lot of such references missing in the films, including the one about the evil wizard Gellert Grindelwald appropriating an ancient symbol (think swastika and Hitler . And the layers and layers of subtext that make the books such a delight are sorely missing in the mood of the films.

But that's just a fan's rantings. Deathly Hallows Part 2 is undoubtedly the best of the Harry Potter movies.

Which is why the If Only feeling. Maybe someday ten years later, Warner and Rowling will allow a remake, and we will be able to dive anew into the magical mystery world of Harry Potter -- without the baggage of the past. And a fan will be able to give five stars to a Potter film.

For now, go and watch this lavish movie for its performances, for its special effects, and for its storytelling.

...being a human...

T

Yes, when almost the entire city was hurriedly trying to get back home at 3:45 pm, I was trying to reason with a bookseller, trying to convince him to come home with me to deliver the book since I was a 15-year-old school-going kid, who wouldn't be carrying a big amount of money like Rs 650 -- the price of the latest Harry Potter book. I pleaded him to 'understand my situation' and requested him to come home with me so that I could pay him for the book which I was 'reserving'.

After good 20 minutes of ''kya bhaiya... kya bhaiya'' and ''please na bhaiya... please na bhaiya,'' he agreed. Yes, he agreed!

From that day onwards I started believing that God really does send his angels to help the 'needy' like me.

Anyway, moving on, the book was my life, it was so sacred that I couldn't bear the thought of even a single raindrop spoiling its surface.

So I decided to empty the plastic covers meant to keep my school books from getting wet to save THE book from rain. And then the journey back home began. Since no rickshaws were available we had to walk the distance. It took us half an hour to reach my house and by that time both the book-wala and I were soaking wet, despite the umbrellas.

My mother was puzzled as she saw me with a stranger. Without giving her much time to react, I asked her to give him Rs 650 for the book. The moment my mother closed the door I just ripped open my bag hoping that the book hadn't got wet.

And oh my god! It hadn't!!! (I used FOUR big plastic bags to protect it!). I was giddy with excitement when I heard my mom yell about all my course books being soaked with water. But I couldn't care less, my HARRY POTTER book was dry and glossy and looked oh-so-nice!
    ...being a human...

T

Default "Harry Potter...' is a blockbuster

Cast: Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint, Emma Watson, Ralph Fiennes, Alan Rickman, Helena Bonham Carter, Tom Felton

Director: David Yates

For ten years, it has all been leading up to this moment. 'Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 2', the final episode in the eight-part movie saga, culminates in the awaited showdown between the teenage wizard and his lifelong nemesis Lord Voldemort, who finally enters the gates of Hogwarts to seek out Harry. At roughly 2 hours and 10 minutes, Deathly Hallows Part 2 is the shortest film in the series, and understandably the most grim.

The new film picks up exactly where the last one left off, with Harry, Ron and Hermoine still searching for Voldemort's remaining Horcruxes, which they must destroy if the Dark Lord has to be once and for all defeated. Meanwhile Voldemort is in possession of the coveted Elder Wand, which he has stolen from the tomb of Professor Dumbledore and which will make him invincible.
    In one of the film's stunning early-set pieces, our trio of young heroes recovers a Horcrux after breaking into a vault at Gringotts, then makes a thrilling escape riding on the back of a fire-breathing dragon. Following this, the action quickly shifts to Hogwarts, where the mood is expectedly somber given that Death Eaters and Dementors loom large outside campus walls.
    Even as you count down to the brutal confrontation between Harry and Voldemort, director David Yates ties up many loose ends along the way. Major secrets are revealed, including a shocking one involving Professor Snape, and much-loved side characters like Professor McGonagall and Neville Longbottom finally get their big moment in the spotlight. The Battle of Hogwarts is easily one of the most inventive set-pieces executed in the entire series, and Yates and his team of VFX artists exploit the opportunity to deliver some truly exhilarating moments.
    Harry Potter, now wiser and older than his years, must contemplate the inevitability of death and the true value of friendship. Daniel Radcliffe bites into the part with a steeliness we'd only seen glimpses of before, and delivers a mature yet vulnerable performance that touches the heart.
    It's impossible not to be overwhelmed in the final's final scene, which brings its principal characters to a full circle since we first met them. I found myself holding back my tears in the end, much like one would while saying goodbye to old friends.
    I'm going with four out of five for 'Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 2'. It's not merely a fitting farewell to a much-loved series, but also that rare summer blockbuster that marries and emotional, stirring story with jaw-dropping visual flair.

Rating: 4 / 5
    ...being a human...

T

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 Story: Harry, Ron and Hermione set out on the final search for the last three Horcruxes without which they cannot win the battle against the sinister Lord Voldemort (Ralph Fiennes). It’s a search that takes them into dangerous terrain and return finally to Hogwarts for the final showdown, where friends will be sifted from foes and good will finally prevail against evil, but only if Harry deciphers the secret of the final Horcrux.

Movie Review: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 Okay, the franchise had been losing steam, but rejoice, universal hero Harry Potter gets a grand finale with Deathly Hallows Part 2. There’s drama, action, terror, danger, death, special effects and loads of magic as the world’s three most loved fictional characters meet their final destiny. But what makes the film really special is the high emotional quotient as heroes emerge from nowhere, lovers exchange love and longing neath the shadow of death and friends give a whole new meaning to friendship. Many a times, the film touches your heart and fills your eyes with a strange mistiness… something that rarely happened in the last few encounters.

The high point of the finale is the all-pervasive presence of Lord Voldemort and the high voltage encounters between the evil wizard and Harry Potter. If Daniel Radcliffe creates one of the most credible young heroes of cinema — both poignant and brave — then Fiennes lends a dignity and a terror to his unbridled portrayal of evil. Equally enticing are Potter’s faithful lieutenants: geeky Ron Weasly and super-smart Hermione Granger.

The film is essentially a compilation of exquisite action set pieces where Potter and his friends try to accomplish their tasks, leading upto the final tryst at Hogwarts. The notable ones are the heist at Gringott’s Bank when the trio try to steal the sword of Gryffindor, the attempts of Voldemort’s army to break through the defence at Hogwart’s, the meeting between Potter and Dumbledore, the encounter between Severus Snape (Alan Rickman) and Nagina, the sinister snake and several more.

Dare not miss this opportunity to bid farewell to your decade-old hero Inc, with a tear and a smile.

What’s hot:

The high point of the finale is the all-pervasive presence of Lord Voldemort and the high voltage encounters between the evil wizard and Harry Potter.

Rating 4/5
    ...being a human...

Landed To DesiRulez www.desirulez.net

T

I have not seen movie.The previous parts of the movie were really great.I have even seen the trailer of this part & i found it interesting.I really have to see the movie to make my opinion about the movie.

New Movies|latest hindi movies