Retired Staff www.desirulez.net

T

Default WWE: Tag Team Division - Relaunch

Follow us on Social Media

The return of Battle Bowl: The Lethal Lottery
    (Starrcade '91 & '92, Slamboree '96)

This WCW concept was excellent - the ending culmination was a disappointment.

What Worked: The Lethal Lottery concept placed 20+ wrestlers names into a spinning barrel and were drawn Randomly and On Air to make up unique Tag Teams. These Tag Teams would pit friend vs. friend and hated rivals together to strive to win and be entered into a Battle Royale for some stated prize. Thus the teams worked together to win for a shot at the big match.

What Didn't: In WCW's version there was a Battle Royale at the end of the night with all winning teams vying for a Title, Title Shot, or just bragging rights. No real new tag teams were created that lasted. The potential was there to really start some good storylines and it seemed to lose its fire. This is similar to the Original Survivor Series concept with an End Match that didn't live up to the hype of making the Ultimate Survivor.

An Idea: With the number of pending superstars un-used and potentially being let go soon re-ignite the Tag Team Division. Not to keep everyone but to see who can make it as a money drawing tag team.

Week 1: Raw! Set up storyline where the Tag Team Championship has been stripped / vacated.

Week 2: 3 Hour Raw! Announce the Lethal Lottery Tag Team Tournament to crown the new champions at the next large PPV. Live - Drawn participants from each show Raw! & Smackdown! will enter 16 stars each in their Own Brand Lottery to make potential tag teams. Teams are made on this RAW! for matches next week on Raw! And Smackdown! This gives ample time to hype the individual storylines and play up the matches.

Week 3: Raw! and Smackdown! 4 Tag Team matches each show pitting the 16 Stars from each Brand against their own. Create new storylines and heat based on the tag team mix.

Week 4: Raw! and Smackdown! 2 Tag Team matches each show pitting the 4 Brand specific remaining Tag Teams against their own. Continue heat and storylines.

Week 5: Raw! and Smackdown! 1 Tag Team match each show to determine the Brand competitors for the Tag Team Championship. The Locker room should be seen watching these matches and really getting behind the teams. When one wins there should be a celebration or show of support for the teams.

PPV: Raw! vs. Smackdown! two Tag Teams vying for the Tag Team Championship. Announced the belt will only be defended on the winning Brandís show.

Why it will work: The Tag Team division needs a complete overhaul. By doing the Lethal Lottery you can really give mid carders your unsure of a chance to keep their pay checks. The buzz around the back should be cuts are looming thus increasing the desire for them to bring their best out.

Alternatives: Use only Mid Carders, use only NXT / FCW talent, use Stars with burnt out personas.

Let see some team ideas and why they would work? Or what storyline could develop.
    Got a twist to this design, a way to make it really work?

Bring back Tag Team Wrestling - TNA has dominated with excellent matches and even the independent shows have thrived with tags, just look at ROH for one solid example. Why not WWE?

My best choice: Sheamus & Wade Barrett, this team would dominate the WWE if given the chance.

Winner - Roadies X!! www.desirulez.net

T

My best choice: Sheamus & Wade Barrett, this team would dominate the WWE if given the chance.
    u really think this is best tag team

Winner - Roadies X!! www.desirulez.net

T

i think sin cara and evan borne will rock the floor

dR Wrestlers www.desirulez.net

T

Quote Originally Posted by dR SuperRocker View Post
    i think sin cara and evan borne will rock the floor
    sin cara and pretty much any would rock I was shocked when then teamed cena up with sin cara they worked well together despite the language difference
    John Cena: You Can't keep a good man down.

T

Bring back Tag Team Wrestling - TNA has dominated with excellent matches and even the independent shows have thrived with tags, just look at ROH for one solid example. Why not WWE?
    to be honest the WWE never really cared about Tag Team Wrestling it been a stepping stone for stars to further there career a way to get on tv more. the great tag teams never lasted more then two years for this reason. there was exceptions the road warriors come to mind

T

Quote Originally Posted by Cenas#1fangirl View Post
    to be honest the WWE never really cared about Tag Team Wrestling it been a stepping stone for stars to further there career a way to get on tv more. the great tag teams never lasted more then two years for this reason. there was exceptions the road warriors come to mind
    I somewhat agree and somewhat disagree. Most tag teams yes, they're stepping stones to bigger and better things in the singles arena, but there have been some teams that stand out, mainly during the late 90's - 2005 (ish) namely Edge and Christian, Hardyz, Dudleyz, The New Age Outlaws (these guys were awesome) and don't forget originally DX were a tag team, granted I don't think they actually won the Tag titles, but the legacy remains today.

But yeah, for the most part I completely agree, the current Tag Team devision is dire to say the least, and only gimmicky teams like Kozlov/Marella, or established factions (or the remnants of one) are even competing in the tag devision. If they're gonna keep the belts, then they really should try and inject some life into the area, if not, then cut the losses and retire the belts.

T

Thats the reason why I have put this thread because as its a stepping stone for singles competitions it would help the youngsters a lot.

T

At the moment the tag team section does indeed suck, the teams are boring to watch, cept for kozlov/santino who i think are quitte funny.
    I usually just skip the tag teams cuz they are just boring, when big show/kane were a team it was atleast kinda nice, they feuding with the corre.
    But now that they aren't a tag team anymore it just sucks.

T

I think it's a great idea i think it work out great its bad ajstyless that your not on the pay roll at the WWE

T

I think it's a great idea i think it work out great its bad ajstyless that your not on the pay roll at the WWE

T

I think:
    Sin cara and rey mysterio will be a good team.

T

Quote Originally Posted by WWE.BIG.FAN View Post
    I think:
    Sin cara and rey mysterio will be a good team.
    Yeah, 'cept of course Rey is thinking about retiring and Sin Cara has only just started, plus they're on different brands... sooo... yeah...