Lightbulb The return of 'In Your House'?

Follow us on Social Media

Recent figures that have been published have appeared to indicate that PPV buyrates for the non-major PPV's such as Over The Limit, Elimination Chamber, Bragging Rights and Night Of Champions to be on the wane.

At a cost of $40 upwards (or 15 for us UK fans), and in times of both economic recession as well as a general slow period for Wrestling in general, it seems that WWE could be better served in adopting the 'In Your House' PPV model from the mid-90's.

For those who aren't aware, the IYH events were a series of lower priced PPV's (around $15 if I remember correctly) that lasted 2 hours each, sometimes with a theme to the event that was reflected in the title e.g. 'In Your House: Buried Alive' which featured the first ever Buried Alive match between The Undertaker and Mankind. Seeing as the concept of themed PPV's seems has become somewhat popular with WWE over the last couple of years, this would also fit in with this idea e.g. 'In Your House: Tables, Ladders and Chairs', 'In Your House: Elimination Chamber' etc.

Although the revenue for the events per unit would be lower (maybe around $25 per purchase?), this would more than likely encourage a greater uptake amongst the viewing audience. This could also have the knock on effect of exposing a part of the audience which would not normally buy a PPV who may be encouraged to try one of the more mainstream events such as Royal Rumble or Summerslam.

What do you think? Could you see IYH making a return?

dR Wrestlers www.desirulez.net

T

I think it'd be a great idea. They'd probably get alot more purchases if the price was lower for the lower tier stuff.

dR Wrestlers www.desirulez.net

T

Quote Originally Posted by Skorsis View Post
    I think it'd be a great idea. They'd probably get alot more purchases if the price was lower for the lower tier stuff.
    I am also agree.