Runner Up - Admins Awards

Default Mallika: Salman is sweet as a jalebi

Follow us on Social Media

Double Dhamaal, which naturally is the sequel to the 2007 Dhamaal, releases this Friday with Mallika Sherawat and Kangna Ranaut as the female leads, and Inder Kumar as director. Mallika's song Jalebi Bai is already making waves. Here, she talks about the song, her other item numbers - and Barrack Obama.

What should we expect from Double Dhamaal?

Double Dhamaal is my first family entertainer and I liked acting in it because it has lots of gags and comedy. Every character has lots of get-ups in the film like Arshad (Warsi) is Sardar Ghanta Singh, and Ashish (Chaudhary) plays a Spanish dancer. Some one is Chinese, someone else Guajarati. I enjoyed shooting it so much that I am sure when you watch it on the big screen you will like it too.

Dhamaal was a hit, do you think there is lots of expectation from you now?

Double Dhamaal will live up to the audience's expectation. It is a good film.

Tell us about the song Jalebi Bai.

First of all I am playing the lead in the movie, plus it is an honour that the director has made a special song for me that makes me feel very special. The song has been shot well. Ganesh Acharya is the choreographer.

This is the best song of my career; I think I should touch Inderji's feet for this. My fans will love it.
    ...being a human...