Retired Staff www.desirulez.net

Default WWE Capitol Punishment - What a way to waste three hours!

Follow us on Social Media

I'm going to keep this brief since I just sat through a three hour snoozefest. As a result only a few matches will get a mention since the rest were so uneventful.

Dolph Ziggler defeated United States Champion Kofi Kingston

The first match on the card, and the only one (of seven) that was worth tuning in for. It had some great moments of teasing a winner, and both superstars looked good. Also, the title went into the hands of someone who can use it to propel himself to the top rather than Kofi, who seems to doomed to be a mid-carder for the next two years.

Big Show versus Alberto Del Rio gets postponed

As a match, this had very little build and no reason to be on a PPV, but SmackDown got me interested. I was left disappointed by the fact that Show got re-injured from an attack by Mark "I'll never reach the main event" Henry. In fact, the only plus-side to this match was that Show being slammed through the Spanish announce table looked epic.

Randy Orton defeated Christian... controversially

This was the match I was looking forward to. Needless to say, it turned out being slow, unimaginative, and just plain dull. Orton played on his concussion far too much and it killed his unpredictability for the most part, whilst Christian seems to have forgotten how to wrestle as an effective heel. The plus side was that the controversial ending allows the feud to continue and potentially save itself from this boring encounter.

The Final Hour - Fake Obama and the Barackaroonie, Lite Beer, and a "Special Event"... and then the Cena Show

Watching the Orton match end with an hour left I immediately went to the thought of "maybe they'll put a tag team match on to break things up". Instead we got the routine Bella appearance for no apparent reason, followed by a 10 minute skit involving the clearly fake President Obama telling WWE-oriented jokes and being hailed back to the ring to perform a surprisingly-good spinaroonie. They also put a match between Jack Swagger and Evan Bourne which was a direct repeat of last Monday's RAW encounter on.

Naturally, I didn't expect much from this match. I mean, in his last PPV appearance he took 25 minutes of punishment from The Miz and Alex Riley only to hit one high impact move and come out victorious, crushing The Miz in the process. It couldn't get worse than that could it?

Apparently so, because this time we were given a 20 minute match which saw Truth dominate for fifteen minutes, and then a few good near finisher moments from both superstars (including 4 of Cena's 5 moves of doom). The nail in this match's coffin came at the very end, however. Staying true to his character, Truth decided to steal a hat and a drink from a young Cena fan at ringside and have a sip. Upon giving the drink back to the fan, said fan throws it in Truth's face and Cena throws him back into the ring and gives him an AA for the win.

In my opinion this whole hour showcased poor booking, poor script-writing, and a continuation of Cena's laziest ever title run. Having hit 6 moves in two PPVs, Cena has gone further below his already low standards for putting on a wrestling match.

Oh, and on a side note, the crowd tonight was truly awful.

So that's my extremely critical analysis of WWE Capitol Punishment. Like I said before, I haven't included every match. This is because the rest aren't worth a mention in my opinion. I also expect some comments about how the crowd can only be expected to react if something interesting, spectacular, or shocking happens. I agree, but even the regular murmurs of "Miz is awful", "Lets's go Cena, Cena Sucks", and just general cheering and booing seemed completely non-existent throughout tonight.

Thank you for reading, and feel free to leave comments and opinions on this entry.

Landed To DesiRulez www.desirulez.net

How low can you go. What does WWE needs to do to get better, much better as they are now ? In 2009 i gave WWE a 7,5 In 2010 a minus 7 and for this year a 6,5 If they don't better themselves i will stop watching, because it gets more boring every year.

Hot Member www.desirulez.net

I got to disagree with both of you guys. I enjoyed CP, though I will say the fake Obama was just plan silly.

It wasn't the greatest, but I definitely wouldn't go as far saying it was a waste of time.

But like I said before, I'll give my grade later.

dR Wrestlers www.desirulez.net

I thought it was great I didn't get to see the sin cara/ chavo match but that was questionable to start with
    John Cena: You Can't keep a good man down.

On the Orton/Christian match I have to admit I was wondering if Orton's injury was still nagging at him, he seemed to loose his footing a few times (yes I know it's scripted and selling and all that) but there were a couple of times where he genuinelt seemed disorientated, most notably near the start where he went to stomp on Christian but nearly fell over instead. Other than that I liked Punk's match (and interview) and ofc the Cena match was the usual pathetic charade of a main event. I wish the bookers would look at Orton as more of a main eventer, that guy has had the best match 3 PPV's in a row and considering the guy is only just recovering from a concussion CP's wasn't too bad. It pains me to watch the effort people like Punk, Orton, Christian, Truth put in just for Cena to rise above all of them with 5 moves. So yeah, agree with you for the most part though I'm reserving judgment on Orton until I find out more about his condition on the night.

I noticed that too it could be that orton wasn't fully recovered concussions are tricky to diagnose and treat Skorsis I love how your allowed to bash cena every post but i can't say word one agnist your favorite WWE superstar without you saying I'm dead wrong
    John Cena: You Can't keep a good man down.

Quote Originally Posted by Cenas#1fangirl View Post
    I noticed that too it could be that orton wasn't fully recovered concussions are tricky to diagnose and treat Skorsis I love how your allowed to bash cena every post but i can't say word one agnist your favorite WWE superstar without you saying I'm dead wrong
    I'm sorry but wth are you on about? Cena's match was a decable, surely even you must admit that he was beaten from pillar to post and just pulled a win with one move out of absolutely no-where after being dominated for 15 mins. And just for the record, my fave Superstar is 'Taker, and as far as I know you've never said anything about him, and in this post I'm just giving out my opinion, feel free to put yours out but don't be afraid of people disagreeing with you. I don't like Cena, you do, I'm fine with that, I have no problem with that. What I do have a problem with is the guy being pushed so hard when there are better workers in the WWE and they're not getting anywhere near the exposure they should be (imo).

Landed To DesiRulez www.desirulez.net

It wasn't such a waste of a show but it requires a big upheaval in writing department because their story-lines sucks.

Well it was a nice show for me.