Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    Retired Staff www.desirulez.net
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    1,384

    T

    Default The Attitude Era Vs. The PG Era.. Which is better? Only one way to find out, FIGHT!

    Follow us on Social Media







    The Attitude Era Vs. The PG Era


    Match-wise, PG era wins by a landslide as all of the Attitude era midcard matches were always 5 minutes or shorter and featured a small amount of decent wrestling. However, due to their being only one world title during the Attitude era, that era put on better main events as the main event always felt like it meant more that the undercard. Attitude era had better build-up to big match too, unlike today's booking. Both era's had their embarrassing times too. The Attitude era tried to make themselves look edgy by sexing up their product among other things and the PG era trys to dumb everything down for the kids. All in all, I'm going with the PG era.

    What's your say?????

  2. #2
    dR Wrestlers www.desirulez.net
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    292

    T

    Default

    Ministry of Darkness, unleashed Degeneration X, Corporation, Austin Vs McMahon, Undertaker Vs Mankind, Triple H Vs Rock, Unpredicatability, no one guy doing a god damn super-Cena week in and week out?

    Is this even a contest?

  3. #3
    RIP-Mate, You ll be Remembered:) www.desirulez.netwww.desirulez.net
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,613

    T

    Default

    ThanX 4 Sharing........................

  4. #4
    Coolbie www.desirulez.net
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    INDIA
    Posts
    522

    T

    Default

    there is no fight coz the winner with 100-0 is ATTITUDE ERA now go and bring ATTITUDE ERA BACK bored with pg-tv wwe
    !!! KILL BULLIES !!!

  5. #5
    dR Wrestlers www.desirulez.net
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The Boondocks, Virgina, USA
    Posts
    877

    T

    Default

    the Attitude era is why the wwe is in the state it's in now Instead of developing new talent throughout the 90's and early 2000's. they relied on the same talent and the result is the this era where the older talent is going the way of the dodo bird and there isn't any developed new talent to take there place. as for the whole PG rating they had to tone down the violence in the matches because of the children watching. kids like to try and do what they see the superstars doing. some of my fondest childhood memories where of me trying to put my older brother in a headlock like Hulk hogan. some of the stuff that the Undertaker and other superstars do could kill if not done properly. so i understand why they did it do i like?? i have mixed feelings about it i think if the WWE could find some middle ground that would make everyone happy then they would have done it all ready
    John Cena: You Can't keep a good man down.

  6. #6
    dR Wrestlers www.desirulez.net
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    292

    T

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cenas#1fangirl View Post
    the Attitude era is why the wwe is in the state it's in now Instead of developing new talent throughout the 90's and early 2000's. they relied on the same talent and the result is the this era
    Are you high? Edge, Christian, Cena, Triple H, The Rock, Austin, Mick Foley, Big Show, Kane (debut in 97 don't forget), Matt and Jeff Hardy, Kurt Angle, Chyna I could go on. Basically you're talking rubbish =/

  7. #7
    dR Wrestlers www.desirulez.net
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The Boondocks, Virgina, USA
    Posts
    877

    T

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Skorsis View Post
    Are you high? Edge, Christian, Cena, Triple H, The Rock, Austin, Mick Foley, Big Show, Kane (debut in 97 don't forget), Matt and Jeff Hardy, Kurt Angle, Chyna I could go on. Basically you're talking rubbish =/
    No I'm not who replaced those stars when they left the company? grated a few are still with the company but who replaced The Rock when he left? no one was touted as "the next Rock" or the next stone cold there should have been some one with talent that was comparable to those stars. heck your always complaining about how you have to see Super cena ever week. if the WWE had keep there talent development up then the WWE wouldn't be in this transitional period. there would be more well known mid card contenders to step up and take the place of the retiring superstars. Please feel free to tell me I'm wrong I've only been A WWE fan for 20+ years.:rolleyes:
    Last edited by Cenas#1fangirl; 06-07-2011 at 12:31 PM.
    John Cena: You Can't keep a good man down.

  8. #8
    Hot Member www.desirulez.net
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    New Jeresy
    Posts
    1,711

    T

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Skorsis View Post

    Is this even a contest?
    You're right.

    PG Era wins.
    J/K

  9. #9
    dR Wrestlers www.desirulez.net
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    292

    T

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cenas#1fangirl View Post
    No I'm not who replaced those stars when they left the company? grated a few are still with the company but who replaced The Rock when he left? no one was touted as "the next Rock" or the next stone cold there should have been some one with talent that was comparable to those stars. heck your always complaining about how you have to see Super cena ever week. if the WWE had keep there talent development up then the WWE wouldn't be in this transitional period. there would be more well known mid card contenders to step up and take the place of the retiring superstars. Please feel free to tell me I'm wrong I've only been A WWE fan for 20+ years.:rolleyes:
    You ma'am are wrong. I'm failing to see your argument clearly here, first off you complain that the Attitude Era is the reason the WWE is in the 'state', as you put it, it's in now. Then you complain that no talent has been developed over some length of time, I'm assuming the mid 2000's as they were niether Attitude nor PG era, and that no new stars replaced the older ones, that about right? Feel free to correct my interpretation of my argument, as I am struggling to see it as I said. But as to your point of the 'new' Rock and the 'New' Austin etc, WWF/E have never been a company that just keeps recycling the same old stars (though some may draw comparisons with SuperCena actions and the old Hulk Hogan bit where he 'Hulked Out') they introduce new headliners that come over in new ways, that's the only way the company could survive. If they just kept recycling Austin, Rock, HHH et al it'd become boring and predictable (although a few would argue it already is). The fact is atm the mid-card is stronger than the WWE/WHC picture in my opinion. And the only reason I say that is because all the competitors who could go for the title are all currently on Raw (Swagger, Punk, Del Rio and Rey Mysterio come immediately to mind, but there are others). Smackdown is kinda the opposite, they have fewer WHC contenders, but the mid-card selection is incredible; Sin Cara, Cody Rhodes, Daniel Bryan, Wade Barrett, Justin Gabriel, Ted DiBiase (if he gets his character sorted out) are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head, and thinking about it, the mid-card isn't too far behind Smackdown what with Drew Macintyre, Dolph Ziggler, Mason Ryan (sooooo want to see what this guy can do), Kofi Kingston. And the fact is that there's a good 10 of them that could step up to the main event with little to no problems.

    So as I say, feel free to correct my interpretation of your argument, as I am struggling to see it, you seem to bash one era, then bash the other, and I'm having trouble seeing what angle you're coming from.

  10. #10
    dR Wrestlers www.desirulez.net
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The Boondocks, Virgina, USA
    Posts
    877

    T

    Default

    Let me put it this way Sin Carra is clearly Rey mistero's replacement. Vince hired him because Rey had stated that he wanted to leave the company after WM28 but for some reason he didn't quit. So now we have another Lucha star. Unlike other sports the WWE doesn't have a "minor league" that they can pull new talent when they need it. I guess my whole view is tainted because during the Attitude era my access to WWE shows was limited to the internet because they moved there shows to cable and i live in a rural area where cable companies don't run cables.
    John Cena: You Can't keep a good man down.

  11. #11
    dR Wrestlers www.desirulez.net
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    292

    T

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cenas#1fangirl View Post
    Let me put it this way Sin Carra is clearly Rey mistero's replacement. Vince hired him because Rey had stated that he wanted to leave the company after WM28 but for some reason he didn't quit. So now we have another Lucha star. Unlike other sports the WWE doesn't have a "minor league" that they can pull new talent when they need it. I guess my whole view is tainted because during the Attitude era my access to WWE shows was limited to the internet because they moved there shows to cable and i live in a rural area where cable companies don't run cables.
    Vince didn't hire Cara, Triple H did.

  12. #12
    dR Wrestlers www.desirulez.net
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The Boondocks, Virgina, USA
    Posts
    877

    T

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Skorsis View Post
    Vince didn't hire Cara, Triple H did.
    If you want to be picky about it ya HHH did hire but my point is still valid, Sin cara was hired to replace Rey mistero if he had quit after WM28. that's why he was placed on the roster so quickly and didn't have to develop his character like every other new superstar.
    John Cena: You Can't keep a good man down.

  13. #13
    dR Wrestlers www.desirulez.net
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    292

    T

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cenas#1fangirl View Post
    If you want to be picky about it ya HHH did hire but my point is still valid, Sin cara was hired to replace Rey mistero if he had quit after WM28. that's why he was placed on the roster so quickly and didn't have to develop his character like every other new superstar.
    Maybe because 28 is next year?

  14. #14
    Retired Staff www.desirulez.net
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    1,384

    T

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Skorsis View Post
    Maybe because 28 is next year?

    :lollll:

  15. #15
    dR Wrestlers www.desirulez.net
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The Boondocks, Virgina, USA
    Posts
    877

    T

    Default

    what ever I have always had a problem reading roman numerals so sue me
    John Cena: You Can't keep a good man down.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •