Kal Ho Na Ho
    India & Cambodia

Default Amir says LALUJI is ENTERTAINER No.1

Follow us on Social Media

Bollywood actor Aamir Khan has been awarded Entertainer of the Year Award at the NDTV Indian of the Year 2008 awards ceremony. While accepting the award, Aamir spoke about the his films, 26/11 and the number one entertainer in politics. Excerpts:

"I would like to thank NDTV and jury members who selected me. I also want to thank the public who voted for me. In fact, I'd like to thank my audience not just for voting, but for the kind of support that they have given me throughout my career. I am really grateful for the faith they have shown in my films. It has been really encouraging," said Aamir accepting his award.

"I have to say that whatever I have achieved today is the result of the kind of support and collective input of my entire team of every film that I have been a part of. If I have been honored today, then I have to thank all the people, cast and crew members of all my films. Film making is a team effort and whatever I have achieved today is because of the support from my team and I have been very fortunate to work with really talented directors. I am quite unhappy that Prasoon didn't win today because I have to confess that I went on to the net and I voted for him so Prasoon this is ours," added Aamir.

On being asked about his impression of the entertainer number one in politics, Aamir said: "For me Lalu ji has always been the entertainer number one but number one never says that he is number one. So Lalu ji also didn't say that he is number one. In a real sense, he is the number one entertainer in politics."

Commenting on why he hates attending award ceremonies, Aamir added: "I really enjoy award functions specially the ones I don't go to because so many funny things happen there and I always miss it."

As to Akshay Kumar's gesture of passing his award to Aamir at a recent award function, the actor exclaimed that it was "really sweet" of Akshay and that he was touched - "It's really generous of him. I really want to thank him for that."

Commenting on Slumdog Millionaire, Aamir said: "I haven't seen the film yet.. have only heard great things about it. Danny is a wonderful director and I wish all the success to him and cast and crew of the film. I believe it is releasing tomorrow in India and all the best wishes for Oscars to Danny, Anil and the entire team. I am looking forward to see the film."

Apart from talking about his films and the enetrtainer of the year, Aamir also made a request to the politicians.

"There are so many leaders sitting in front of me and I would like to take this opportunity to tell them that we are really looking forward to all of you from all the political parties to lead us and head us as a country. I think public sentiment is that we are looking for leaders to be positive and progressive and take us forward and we would like to believe that you would do that and you can do that. The reason I am saying this is here is because the general elections are round the corner and I, as a common citizen of the country, expect and hope that the major political parties field the candidates who are clean, intelligent and really deserving of our votes. I am really looking forward to that in all humility," urged Aamir.

Speaking to families of the Mumbai heroes, the actor said: "I think what we went through was extremely traumatic and it has been even more traumatic for those who have lost their family members and we all deeply grieve for them. My heart goes out to the families who have lost their loved ones and from the bottom of my heart pay my due respect to the officers of security forces of Mumbai Police who risked their fact, gave their lives for our security."|slug=Laluji