Landed To DesiRulez www.desirulez.net

T

Default WWE "Over The Limit" PPV Results - May 22, 2011

Follow us on Social Media

Report by Matt Boone for WrestleZone.com

WWE Over The Limit PPV Opener:

An "In Memory Of" graphic opens the show in honor of the late "Macho Man" Randy Savage.

Josh Mathews, Jerry Lawler, Booker T and Michael Cole introduce themselves on the four-man commentary team.

In The Ring With ... R-Truth

R-Truth comes to the ring to no music. He goes to the ring and complains about not having a parking spot. He complains about parking with the fans and how he's better than them. Out comes Rey Mysterio to start our first match of the evening.

R-Truth vs. Rey Mysterio

Truth is in control for the first few minutes of the match. Cole and Lawler argue back and forth on commentary during the match. Mysterio hits a bulldog off the top ropes to gain the upper hand in the offense of the match. Mysterio hits Truth with a big kick to the head for a close nearfall attempt. The match continues. Truth hits a big Lie Detector elbow for a close nearfall of his own. Truth goes for his finisher but Mysterio counters it with a huracanrana that sets Truth up for Mysterio's 6-1-9. Truth rolls out of the ring just in time to avoid it. Truth is in control of Mysterio once again at this point. Truth hits his finisher on Mysterio and gets the pinfall victory.

Winner: R-Truth

Backstage: Todd Grisham Interviews The Miz & Alex Riley

Backstage, Todd Grisham is with The Miz and Alex Riley. Miz talks about the fans not thinking he has a shot to win the "I Quit" match. Miz claims he's been proving people who feel that way wrong since he joined the WWE. Miz says he has a plan for tonight and knows exactly how to win. Riley chimes in at the end of the interview to announce that Miz will be the new WWE Champion.

Intercontinental Title: Wade Barrett vs. Ezekiel Jackson

Barrett came out by himself, as opposed to being joined by his ringside stablemates. Near the end of the match, Big Zeke slammed Barrett five times in a row. Zeke had him up in a torture rack but Heath Slater and Justin Gabriel hit the ring and attacked him for the disqualification. Zeke fought them off well early but Barrett ended up catching him with a punch and The Corre beat down their former compadre'.

Winner by DQ: Ezekiel Jackson

Backstage: CM Punk, Mason Ryan, David Otunga & Michael McGillicutty

Backstage, CM Punk and Mason Ryan were talking as they entered their dressing room. There they find David Otunga and Michael McGillicutty laid out on the floor. Mason Ryan flipped out. Punk tells him it's a good thing because it proves that he's gotten under Kane and Big Show's skin. Punk tells Otunga and McGillicutty to "walk it off."

Sin Cara vs. Chavo Guerrero

They used Sin Cara mood-lighting. First few minutes of this match were awesome. They botched a spot at the mid-point of the match. Nothing major. Sin Cara is getting an offensive showcase in this one. Sin Cara hit a twisting huracanrana for the finish. He got the clean pinfall and the victory at about the 7-minute mark of the match.

Winner: Sin Cara

Backstage: Todd Grisham Interviews Christian & Randy Orton

Backstage, Todd Grisham is with Christian and Randy Orton. Christian said he was going to take back his World Heavyweight Championship and Orton knew it. Orton clearly didn't seem to agree with Christian's sentiments.

WWE Tag-Team Titles: Kane & Big Show vs. CM Punk & Mason Ryan

Punk thought about starting the match but opted to tag Ryan in instead. Ryan and Kane will be starting things off. Punk has "Macho" written on his wrist tape. Upon getting the upper hand, Ryan finds himself in a situation where Punk demands to be tagged in to take advantage. Punk got his wish, got tagged in, and immediately tagged out once things stopped going his way with ease. Punk ends up back in the ring and this time Big Show and Kane beat him down. Kane goes for the chokeslam on Punk but Ryan distracts the referee, allowing Punk to low blow Kane to slow things down. Finish came when Kane and Big Show double-chokeslammed Ryan for the clean pinfall victory.

Winners and STILL WWE Tag-Team Champions: Kane & Big Show

WWE Divas Championship: Brie Bella vs. Kelly Kelly

Little Guido/Nunzio was the referee for this Divas Championship match. Kelly Kelly hits a corss body block off the top rope onto the Bella Twin early on. Brie would go on to gain the upper hand in the offense for the majority of the match, which was appropriately kept short. Kelly got a small comeback but was cut off by a double-team spot from the Bella Twins, which lead to Nikkie dominating Kelly and scoring the easy pin to win the match for her sister.

Winner and STILL WWE Divas Champion: Brie Bella

World Heavyweight Championship: Randy Orton vs. Christian

Scott Armstrong is the referee for this World Heavyweight Championship contest. There are dueling Orton/Christian chants in the early goings. Christian is in control early but Orton slows him down with a big dropkick. Christian follows that up, however, with a nice spinebuster. Later on in the match, Christian goes to the top ropes, where Orton is waiting with the RKO, but Christian avoided it. He hit a big move and scored a close nearfall. A few minutes later, Christian avoids another RKO attempt by Orton. Christian repeatedly yells the word "spear" before heading to one of the ringside corners. He ran in for the spear but Orton caught him and hit him with a sweet powerslam-counter for a close nearfall. Orton backs up for the punt kick. He stops in mid-motion and ponders whether or not to go through with it. He backs up, setting it up again, and this time commits. However, he is met by a recovered Christian with a big Edge-like Spear. Christian tries a pin off the spear, but comes up short. He follows that up with an attempt at his own finisher, but Orton counters it for an RKO. Orton gets the pin off said-RKO. Orton retains the title.

Winner and STILL World Heavyweight Champion: Randy Orton

Kiss My Foot Match: Jerry Lawler vs. Michael Cole

Cole tried using a doctor's note before the match to get out of working this bout. The referee wasn't having any of it. Lawler is all over Cole early, even going as far as to rip his pants open. Cole went to the outside where he tried begging off. Lawler came in to continue his onslaught but Cole yanks him into the ringside steps. Cole is now in control of the offense. Shortly after, Cole removed his shoe and sock and ordered Lawler to kiss his foot. Lawler didn't oblige. He whipped Cole into the Cole Mine and hit the fist-drop off the second rope for the pinfall. Lawler wins. He removes his boot, but stops and motions for someone from the back to come out. Eve's music hit and out she came. She hit a moonsault on Cole off the top rope. Same set up with Lawler taking his boot off and Jim Ross's music hit. Out comes Good Ole' JR. He poured BBQ sauce all over Cole. Lawler takes his sock off. Cole backed off and avoided them. Out of nowhere, Bret Hart's music hit and out comes the original "Kiss My Foot Match" winner. Hart backs Cole back into the ring. Hart applies the Sharpshooter on Cole. Lawler shoved his foot in Cole's mouth. Bret, JR and Lawler celebrated.

Winner: Jerry Lawler

WWE Championship (I-Quit Match): The Miz vs. John Cena

Miz came to the ring and grabbed the mic. He claims he can do whatever he wants. He says Alex Riley can too. Miz offers Cena the chance to quit now. Cena replies, "Hell no!" The bell rings, and Miz asks for the referee's mic. Miz says out of all the matches Cena could have chosen, he chose an I Quit match. Miz says there are no rules, and that means Miz could hit him with a chair, throw him off the stage, or batter him with the steps, but that means Riley can do it too, so Miz is going to give Cena a freebie, and give him an opportunity to quit right now. Cena says 'hell no'. Miz goes for the clothesline but Cena ducks it and gives both men a series of clotheslines before he backdrops Riley and hits a facebuster on Miz. Cena hits a gut wrench suplex on Miz and goes for the STF, but Riley breaks it up and begins laying into Cena with right hands. Riley hits a big suplex on Cena before going back over to the Miz to regroup. Cena is able to back drop Riley to the outside, and he comes up with a couple of big shoulderblocks to Miz before hitting a big belly to back suplex. Cena goes for, and hits the five knuckle shuffle, but when he goes for the AA, Miz fights out and hits a quick combination neckbreaker. Miz goes for the SCF, but Cena fights out and hits the AA. When Cena gets up to his feet, he's blasted by Alex Riley and the briefcase. Riley uses the briefcase to repeatedly slam down into Cena. Miz and Riley pick Cena up and they seat Cena on the turnbuckle. Both men shoulder Cena and take him down with a double powerbomb. The ref asks Cena, but he won't quit. Miz and Riley pick Cena up and toss him to the outside. Both men are quick to follow and they pick Cena up, only to ram him back first into the barricade. The referee asks again, but Cena won't quit. Miz measures Cena and runs right up to him, hitting him with a giant kick to the face that sends him crashing to the arena floor, but Cena still says 'no'. Miz instructs Riley to grab the boom camera and Riley holds Cena across the boom, while Miz makes the camera man give him his belt. Miz tells Cena he's going to whip him repeatedly. He says this will hurt twice as much as the kendo stick, but Cena can save himself the pain. Cena says Miz has the strap, but he has no nuts. Miz begins whipping Cena repeatedly, but Cena will not give up. Miz whips Cena rapid fire style, but it still won't be enough to put Cena down. Cena tells Riley to go back to the ring to grab something. Miz begins bringing Cena back toward the ring, and Cena fights back with a couple of quick punches. Cena sends Riley into the steel ring post, but Miz comes up with a chair, and he uses it to blast Cena across the back. Miz rolls Cena back into the ring, and he grabs the chair, bringing it in with him. Miz asks the fans in attendance if Cena is their guy, and asks if they want to see him endure any more pain. He tells a kid in the crowd to tell Cena to quit, but the kid says 'never'. Miz hits Cena in the forehead with the mic, and tells the kid that this is his doing. Miz tells the kid to ask Cena to quit, but the kid won't do it. Miz lays into Cena with another mic shot to the head before he traps him in the exposed barricade, wedging him in. Miz grabs a chair and says he will hit Cena repeatedly if he doesn't quit. He tells Cena that he can't quit this match, and Miz will not stop until Cena says those magic two words. Cena says those kids are smarter than he is. Miz takes the chair and uses it to blast Cena (and mainly the barricade). Riley holds the mic to Cena's face, and a clearly recorded John Cena's voice comes over the PA, saying 'I Quit', and this one is over. The referee goes for the belt, but he finds a phone, and he begins listening to it. The ref waves off the win, and it looks like this one isn't over. The ref holds the phone up to the mic, and the recorded voice plays over the PA again. The ref says the match will restart right now. Miz and Riley go to the outside and Riley tries to blast Cena with the title, but Cena ducks and Riley connects with Miz instead. Cena hits the AA on Riley, sending him through the announcer's table. Cena turns his attention to Miz, and begins pulling his belt off. Cena shoots Miz all the way up the entrance ramp. At the top of the ramp, Cena locks in the STF, giving him the REAL victory.

Winner and STILL WWE Champion: John Cena

New Arrivals

T

I like BigShow and Kane. I also like Randy but i want Christian win the World Heavyweight Champion than Randy.

Coolbie www.desirulez.net

T

alberto del rio made a good presence in his short segment orton rocks!!!
    !!! KILL BULLIES !!!

dR Wrestlers www.desirulez.net

T

you have to hand it to the Miz he sure can cheat creatively. if he spent half the time he does thinking up ways to cheat he would be champ again
    John Cena: You Can't keep a good man down.

T

Sad that cole didn't really got his ass handed to him.. Would've loved Kharma getting her hands on him

T

Quote Originally Posted by supersiddh View Post
    alberto del rio made a good presence in his short segment orton rocks!!!
    i didn't get why del rio was on the show when he didn't have a match there really wasn't any point to it??

T

Quote Originally Posted by DanielBryan View Post
    Sad that cole didn't really got his ass handed to him.. Would've loved Kharma getting her hands on him
    I'm happy with what Cole Got Karma is a female dog and Cole got a good dose of karma. hopefully Cole will keep his mouth shut when it comes to bad mouthing someone's family.

T

Quote Originally Posted by cenas#1fangirl View Post
    i didn't get why del rio was on the show when he didn't have a match there really wasn't any point to it??
    wwe creative tea, sees future in alberto and unlike other jr. Superstar del rio has created a best impact so he deserves to enter in his rols royce coz he definately adds spark in d event audiences really liked him when he said no matter who wins del rio will get his hand on wwe championship title
    !!! KILL BULLIES !!!

T

Quote Originally Posted by supersiddh View Post
    wwe creative tea, sees future in alberto and unlike other jr. Superstar del rio has created a best impact so he deserves to enter in his rols royce coz he definately adds spark in d event audiences really liked him when he said no matter who wins del rio will get his hand on wwe championship title
    I didn't hear any one cheering for him when he came in he might have gotten a few laughs with the "illegal Canadians" joke I think the only reason to have him on was to have him "chat" with the Big Show and Kane before there tag team match.
    Last edited by Cenas#1fangirl; 05-24-2011 at 01:39 AM.

T

I think it was a pretty rubbish PPV in all honesty. Extreme Rules seems a million miles away from this charade.

Truth and Mysterio was bland as hell with one horrifically played out win.

Barrett and Jackson was boring beyond belief. I can only watch so many scoop slams a match Zeke. And really, who couldn't predict that someone would interfere?

Sin Cara vs Chavo was better than the first two, but mainly was just Sin Cara showing off how good he is. This wasn't a PPV match, it was a mid-card Smackdown match, AT BEST. We know how good Sin Cara is, now give him some REAL opposition.

Kane and Show Vs Ryan and Punk annoyed me. Mainly because it could have been soooo much better. Whatever happened to the power of Ryan where he was out-muscling Kane and taking on the pair of them single-handed, nevermind the fact he had one crafty git with him in the corner in Punk? Ryan either needs to be let loose and show just how strong he is, or WWE need to realise that Kane and Show as a team are too dominant in a division sorely lacking in any GOOD tag teams.

Brie Bella vS Kelly Kelly, I have to admit something that probably some are gonna throw things at me for. I actually agree with Michael Cole, diva matches are boring, bland and lack any of the talent of the very late 90's to 2008/9 Divas. They are a joke for the most part. The only saving grace in the Diva division atm is Kharma, and she wasn't even there. So this match could have been a dark match or even taken part on Superstars for all I care. If WWE insist on keeping the women's division, get some real damn athletes.

Orton Vs Christian, Orton once again pulls out the match of the night by a country mile. That's three PPV's in a row now he's come out with the top (in my opinion) match of the night. Him and Christian took it to the wire and pushed each other right to the edge of their abilities, Christian's fake springboard was a fantastic piece put in by those two and the final RKO actually had me jumping out of my seat with a 'NO!' that surprised even myself, as I wanted the match to keep going.

Cole Vs Lawler was good for what it was, a gimmick match and finally seeing Cole humiliated. I have to admit I giggled when he brought out the doctor's note, that was just funny. The match itself was nothing special, the end however, with Cole covered in BBQ sauce, King's foot in his mouth and locked up tight in Bret Hart's Sharpshooter was arguably the image of the night.

Miz Vs Cena... well what can I say... one of the WORST main events I've ever seen. It tops even the crappy end to WM27. Miz and Riley beat the living hell out of Cena for nearly half an hour. It was a one-sided beatdown, end of. But, once again, Super-Cena is immune to the little realism that exists in WWE and magically pops up fully refreshed after having his ass handed to him for over half an hour, AA's Riley through a table and makes Miz say 'I quit' inside 2 minutes from the restart. An absolute joke of a main event, unparrallelled in it's crappy execution (of the win, Miz's sadism throughout the match was spot on imo) and yet another win for 'Unbeatable' Cena. I realised Miz was going to loose, but make it a fight, not yet another episode of 'Cena-Superman'.

Over-all I think this PPV sucked. There was little to no hype for most of the matches coming so soon after Extreme Rules. All but two of the matches were bland affairs with no stand-out moments what-so-ever. And no storylines were furthered or expanded on. This event would have been mediocre if it was a Smackdown or a Raw, but for this to be the standard of a PPV is pretty horriffic. Final grade: E+ (and it only escapes a flat F because of the Orton-Christian match.)

T

. "Miz and Riley beat the living hell out of Cena for nearly half an hour. It was a one-sided beatdown, end of. But, once again, Super-Cena is immune to the little realism that exists in WWE and magically pops up fully refreshed after having his ass handed to him for over half an hour, AA's Riley through a table and makes Miz say 'I quit' inside 2 minutes from the restart. An absolute joke of a main event, unparrallelled in it's crappy execution (of the win, Miz's sadism throughout the match was spot on imo) and yet another win for 'Unbeatable' Cena. I realised Miz was going to loose, but make it a fight, not yet another episode of 'Cena-Superman'. " ------------------------> really!! i totally agree with u E+
    !!! KILL BULLIES !!!

Decent PPV in my opinion... it was actually better than I thought it'd be. =D

Orton vs. Christian = Excellent masterpiece. And although I cheered for Christian, I'm not sad that he lost. He's always a champ in my heart.

And my respect for Cena more than ever = Skyrocket.

T

Quote Originally Posted by BarelyCreative View Post
    Decent PPV in my opinion... it was actually better than I thought it'd be. =D

Orton vs. Christian = Excellent masterpiece. And although I cheered for Christian, I'm not sad that he lost. He's always a champ in my heart.

And my respect for Cena more than ever = Skyrocket.
    I know for me it was an awesome ppv I was on the edge of my seat for most of it i have to admit the Miz/Cena match had me in tears i was gullible enough to think that the Miz actually made Cena say I quit I have a lot more respect for the viper and christian after this thir match had a great ending the only thing that i waould give low marks too would be the divas match the Barbie twin wining again was the low point but i think that all most all divas matches have a poor quality to them

Hot Member www.desirulez.net

T

I thought it was an alright PPV. It did its job and delivered. Not the best, but it was enjoyable.

R-Truth vs. Rey Mysterio

A good match. It seem Truth may get that push I was hoping for.

Wade Barrett vs. Ezekiel Jackson

Meh. It was more miss than hit for me on this one. And right when Barrett FINALLY puts his IC Title on the line. I think it would have been better if Kofi put up his US Title instead. He always delivers.

Sin Cara vs. Chavo Guerrero

Fun match to watch. Chavo was real game and showed it, but Sin got the best of him in the end.

Kane & Big Show vs. CM Punk & Mason Ryan

Not a bad match, I guess mostly cause I keep laughing my ass off when Punk was always getting steamroll by Show and Kane.

Brie Bella vs. Kelly Kelly

Ok, I didn't even notice that Nunzio was the ref. or that he was ever one. Anyways that was a ok match, though I was sad that Kelly didn't win. Seriously, I don't think she has ever had the title. What the hell?!

Randy Orton vs. Christian

Hand down the best match of the night. Both these guys put it allllllllll out. I think Christian is the first person to fake Orton out. Hell even Randy was impressed. As much as I was rooting for Captain Charisma, as so as I say the RKO. I was like "NO!!! GOD NO!!!" If this doesn't prove that Christian can compete with that top dogs then I don't know what will.

Jerry Lawler vs. Michael Cole

Oh I enjoyed this very, very much. Finally Cole got what was coming to him, and to see my all time fav wrestler Bret Hart come out to help was the icing in my "Shut it Cole" cake.

The Miz vs. John Cena

I got to say this was at times it was pretty hard to watch. I mean Cena got ripped, just plain and simple. Tip of the hat to Miz and Alex for the sell. Miz really proved to me that he can- no will be one of the most AWWWWWESOME Heels in WWE history. And when I hear the KOed Cena say "IIIIIII QQQQUIT!!!" I faceplamed and told myself. "Oh god, this is the Corporate Champ Rock Vs. Mankind all over again!" That is, till the ref caught on and restarted that match. Then Cena did his biz and beat the Miz. Big Respect to Cena for taking so much punishment.

The Crowd

Seattle fans where pretty energetic when it counted for the most part. I loved the heat they gave R Truth. The most memorable for me was when a lady was screaming at the Miz to stop beating Cena. All in all, a ok crowd.

C+

So overall

I enjoyed the PPV, I kept my interest in most of the matches and got to see some superstars in a new light after their performance. Again not the best PPV, but enough to leave me satisfied.

Again thanks to the Desi Crew for the uploading.

B-

T

Quote Originally Posted by Tray View Post
    And when I hear the KOed Cena say "IIIIIII QQQQUIT!!!" I faceplamed and told myself. "Oh god, this is the Corporate Champ Rock Vs. Mankind all over again!"
    Y'know what? I thought the exact same thing.