Runner Up - Admins Awards

Default 58th National Film Awards winners 2011

Follow us on Social Media

Celluloid celebrations
    The 58th National Film Awards brought the spotlight on regional cinema. This year's Feature Films jury was headed by JP Dutta, the Non-Feature Films jury by AK Bir and Best Writing on Cinema jury was headed by Ashok Vajpeyi.

Best Feature Film: Adaminte Makan Abu (Malayalam)
    For a simple yet evocative articulation of humanist values that frees matters of faith from the constrictions of narrow parochialism. The concerns of Abu, son of Adam, are timeless and universal in their scope.

Award for Best Popular Film Providing Wholesome Entertainment: Dabangg (Hindi)
    Answers the need of cinegoers for entertainment rooted in Indian soil.

Nargis Dutt Award For Best Feature Film on National Integration: Moner Manush (Bengali)
    For celebrating the union of the human spirit through the life and song of Sufi poets in the Baul tradition.

Best Direction: Vetrimaran for Aadukalam (Tamil)
    For a gritty tale of love, jealousy and betrayal in the midst of bloodsport and violence, in the manner of realistic cinema.

Best Actor: Dhanush for Aadukalam (Tamil) and Salim Kumar for Adaminte Makan Abu (Malayalam)
    Two riveting performances that fuse character and actor into one: To Dhanush for the raw, nuanced portrayal of a ****y young man who learns lessons about life the hard way. To Salim for a deep, restrained performance of a simple man with an unshakeable belief in his quest for salvation

Best Actress: Mitalee Jagtap Varadkar for Baboo Band Baaja (Marathi) and Saranya Ponvannan for Thenmerkku Paruvakkatru (Tamil)
    The picture of two mothers whose concern for bettering the lives of their children in the face of untold hardship: As a mother who strives to realise through her son her dreams of a better future. As a fiercely combative single mother who shields her son to the point of sacrifice.

Best Music Direction (Songs): Vishal Bhardwaj for Ishqiya (Hindi)
    For blending rustic flavour with the Indian classical tradition

Best Lyrics: Vairamuthu for Thenmerkku Paruvakkatru (Tamil)
    For giving a meaningful expression to the narrative through contextual amplification of the emotion.

Best Special Effects: V Srinivas M Mohan for Enthiran (Tamil)
    For bringing of age a spectrum of visual special effects in Indian cinema and creating a space for the practitioners of this art form on the global map.
    ...being a human...

RIP-Mate, You ll be Remembered:)

ThanX 4 Sharing............................

Runner Up - Admins Awards

The 58th National Film Awards was announced on Thursday evening, with Dabangg, Ishqiya and Do Dooni Char bagging top honors from Bollywood.

Salman Khan starrer superhit film Dabangg (the highest grossing film of 2010), lead from the front picking up the Best Popular Film award. The critically acclaimed film Ishqiya followed with four awards.

Arbaaz Khan, the producer of Dabangg said, It is an amazing feeling. It actually completes the entire journey of the film. I got a couple of messages but was not sure, when finally my wife called me and told me that we have won. I must say that I feel honoured and ecstatic.

Its barely sinking in. The fact that film like this managed to entertain people and has found its place is a high. The fact that we have won the national award is quite a kick. It is my first film and getting the biggest recognition in the country is a big high, said Habib Faisal, the director of Do Dooni Char.

Vishal Bharadwaj said, We never expected Ishqiya to get the response it got commercially and critically. I thought that it was one of my best music score. Thankfully the songs clicked with the masses.

Our small film winning four national awards is a great achievement as a producer, music composer and a proud mentor to Abhishek.
    ...being a human...