Runner Up - Admins Awards

Default I am playing college going girl in Bbuddah" - Sonal Chauhan

Follow us on Social Media

guess the last time I met Sonal Chauhan was at her apartment in Andheri where she made some lovely green tea for me. I recall standing next to her as she entered her open kitchen to prepare the chai. Sonal was looking lean, luscious and rosy cheeked in her skinny denims and a white top and this was nearly a year ago.

Her face seemed confused, her eyes looking out for something, her ears listening out to every acting offer coming her way and her hands sometimes resting on her sofa and sometimes crossed and sometimes fidgety. All in one, Sonal was still a question mark in the industry. Enter 2011 and she is just about to wrap up her second film as an actress, titled Bbuddah - Hoga Tera Baap directed by Puri Jagannadh starring Amitabh Bachchan. And what a spooky twist of fate that as I was interviewing Sonal about Bbuddah and talking about Mr. Bachchan, she was right there in front of Jalsa, Big B's residence in Juhu. Chauhan was talking from her car and I could feel that stretched smile of hers when I last saw her.

An insider from our film industry told me emphatically that I was going to 'just love' Sonal Chauhan and I did. And even though it's a year since I've met her, she was delightful on the other end of the receiver - bubbly and chatty when it came to talking about the majority of subjects ranging from her second film to the Bachchan family and her uprightness for not taking on films just to earn money. Her patience and perseverance has resulted in what many just keep dreaming - a film with the great Amitabh Bachchan. Come on Sonal, stop dreaming now! UK's Harrow Observer columnist and Bollywood Hungama's London correspondent brings you the reality that once hit Sonal Chauhan...and the wait was worth it.

"I was Puri Jagannadh first choice" I've met Puri Jagannadh before in Hyderabad, etc. but I was his first choice for this role in Bbuddah. He wanted me for the film but even before he wanted me, I really wanted to work with him and it's finally happening.
    ...being a human...